Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
giuseppe_paolo

Microsilk by Jason Hydrotherapy

giuseppe_paolo
13 years ago

Jason International Hydrotherapy (JAcuzzi & SONs original Jacuzzi family that sold the name 30 years ago and has nothing to do with the company by that name)

has come out with a new hyrdrotherapy tecnology called microsilk

http://www.jasoninternational.com/design/microsilk.aspx

http://www.jasoninternational.com/design/microsilkbenifits.aspx

http://www.jasoninternational.com/design/microsilkbenifits2.aspx

sounds really amazing and in talking to an unbiased salesperson from a company that carries pretty much all brandds of tubs, said it is the real deal, not marketing ploy, is really amazing and nice.

Its not vigorous though, even less so then popular air baths, so no massage really but lots of other benefits.

You can get it alone or combined with their Air-Masseur or whirlpool (imagine the ultimate of all 3).

I went with microsilk and air maseur combo as we were replacing an only 5 year old but previous owner (that most likely never cleaned it) plus it got beat up during bathroom demolition for renovation.

Needed a 60x60 corner tub. At first went with a Jacuzzi Bellavista pure-air with chromatherapy and their J5 lcd control panel.

The Bellavista has a nice interior shape and particularly nice outer trim which is tiered beveled kind of designa nd rounded corners. Definately one of the nicest looking corner tubs in a sea of ones that all look the same especially the trim that sits on the decking (drop in).

Also Jacuzzii's J5 LCD control panel is the nicest of thte digital control panels I've seen. I will say that it s eems ppl are still scared of whirlpool jets for the bacteria but dont realize that basically all manufacturers including jacuzzi have taken major measures towards alleviating that concern.

Still ppl think of jacuzzi as bacteria ridden whirlpool jets and I've even seen someone on these forums lump it in with Kohler as cheap, though I dont think either the Jacuzzi or Kohler brand are cheap. I think it was just a really elitist(possibly French,lol) BainUltra snob, lol.

Speaking of BainUltra, i know they were the first to do Air baths so you figure they have it the most perfected but in looking into to their corner tubs and narrowing down to the Amma, I did not like the style at all with weird corners. Also I didn't really see what else it brings to the table.

Was content with going for the Jacuzzi BellaVista 60x60 corner tub with pure-air and chromatherapy lights and the nice digital control panel for the nicest looking tub because lets be honest, thees tubs often dont get used a lot and just looked at, so at least I wouldn't have spent too much (not that that model with those features is cheap but got a good deal originally and its cheaper hten what I ended up getting)

Plus when we used it, i'm sure jacuzzi's pure air (with air holes on the bottom) and the lights and nice 3.5" color lcd control panel would be pretty darn nice.

But alas, when I saw I could get it even another $50 cheaper then the already good price I had, but more importantly once I talked to a rep at the store/site that had it for less and asked about the Jason and especially the microsilk which I was always interested in, I was convinced I needed to cancel my hasty order (was in a rush because bathroom is demo'd and already been delayed so much and needs to get done so I was worried i would have to wait till the tub was in to even do the marble tub decdk surround template).

Also, believe it or not, when I asked my wife her preference between the Jacuzzi BellaVista corner tub and the Jason CC550, she prefered the Bellavista interior and obvioiusly the fancier exterior beveled trim plus the nicer control pad so I just went with that.

Upon hearing how great the microsilk realy was after already being very interested in it, I had to cancel. Decided to go with the microsilk and air masseur combo for the best of both worlds, I convinced her that it was the technology and and insides that matter more then the pretty control panel and exterior of the inferior jacuzzi brand tub. But believe it or not ppl not in the know still only know that brand so that was probably part of it even though friends of ours have a BainUltra I told her.

I dont think she will regret it and will thank me 1000 times over after she experiences the microsilk (some woman would love a husband that gets something like that which woudl regularly more be the woman begging her husband for it). The whole moisturizing and anti aging factors of the microsilk do seem a little more aimed at woman but I think I will like it too, will be good for the kids and overall worth it.

Jason only had 4 corner tubs available with microsilk and air-masseur combined (could be they only have 4 corner tubs altogether). 2 have a seat in the corner (tip of the triangle) which at first I thought would be nice for the kids and like when my daughter is afraid of the bubbles (mostly with powerful whirlpool jets) but then I realized you are basically left with an oval tub as the corner seat takes up valuable useable tub real estate.

?That left 2 models one of which was slight smaller 55x55 so the CC550 was the only 60x60 corner tub by Jason without a seat in the corner.

Its outside angles are actually exactly the same shape I think as the old Jacuzzii (Tara)tub we had, but that could be a good thing as will ensure it fits and works with the current tub box (wood) and hole for the tub plus can be used as a physical template possibly along with the measurements/diagram of the new tub.

Got biscuit (bone would have been too dark a cream to go with all the white and slight off white of our bathroom while the biscuit is just kind of off white) so wont look exact like old tub or as builder grade white. Plus the inside is different and i'm sure overall its going to look different and nicer even if it isnt the Jacuzzi bellavista with fancy beveled trim which would have been stupid to repalce one jacuzzi tub (which the builder probably put in for the first and previous owner 5 years ago).

Also the style of the bellavista especially that bevled trim my wife liked, is techincally a traditional/classic styling while our taste is more contemporary (though it seems as we get older we like to mix the 2 sometimes)

Microsilk is brand new technology (if you can call it that) and will be very exciting to try. Reading all the benefits of it sounds like a lot to live up to as they make it sound like a veritable depression curing, deep sleep inducing, healing, anti aging, fountain of youth that can clean your kids without soap or harsh detergents to boot, lol.

Also, it sounds very clean for the tub and Jason overall seems to have made sanitation a priority. In fact after reading about the bacteria in whirlpools and how air baths came along to give ppl an alternative who were afraid of that, but that air baths were also susceptible to it if water was left in the air tubes. So I stumbled upon Sanijet tubs which are the only nationally sanitary certified or whatever and have pipeless architecture which are fully removable and cleanable.

Did not like their corner design at all though as worse then a seat its just completely filled in wasted space and overall Sanijet seem more for hospitals or hotel spas that get used by 100's of ppl. I think even some nail salons use sanijet footbaths or something.

So although later I did hear that Sanijet is more powerful then air baths like just a bit below whirlpool water jets but for varous reasons wasn't itnerested. But bacteria free sanitation was important to me as it would be anyoen but especially with a wife that doesn't clean much, lol, and kids.

I had read about ppl using Ozone systems to hang in their older whirlpool tubs to alleviate bacteria and that they really work so I was impressed to find that Jason has an automatic ozone system feature. That and microsilk were big selling points for me on the Jason.

The reason the tub was an afterthought and only gave in to even getting a new one till last minute was because we were redoing the shower with bodysprays (also a last minute addition that the wife suggested and at first I said no, only to give in and end up with 8 of them including 4 water tiles which then once I realized I would need more rough in valved and trim kit levers for temp and even volume control, led me to the Kohler DTV (Digital Thermostatic Valve) which controls everything from a digital control pad and declutter your shower wall of all valves. But DTV is for another thread. but one point is with that Kohler dtv (just got the original not the dtv2 which adds steam and music control to the mix) digital interface, I dont think we will miss the Jacuzzi lcd digital control pad over the plainer Jason digital control pad.

point is, the shower is the main attraction and hopefully will give us enough massage from the body sprays like a darn carwash at which point we will need to get in the tub just to heal our soreness from the shower, lol.

Being the shower as it is, i probably could have gone with a tub for less that also just looked nice (though in that case just a soaking tub with no lights and no fancy digital control pad would have been cheapest but then it would really never get used)

So hopefully we use the tub a lot and i think with microsilk we will for ourselves and the kids.

I started this thread mostly to discuss Microsilk and see if there is anyone that actually has it alrady. It just came out in January but I'd think by now plenty of ppl have it.

i will report my review once we get it and installed which seems a long way of and still have the rest of the shower and tiling to finish in the meantime.

There are lots of threads on air baths but most seem older so discussion on different brand air baths is welcome here though I'm sure ppl would like to hear real life testimonials of ppl who have Microsilk.

Also any discussion and experience with Jason tubs in general.

my only concern with their air-masseur is that I was told hte air holes are around the perimeter of the tub and not on the tub floor (as even jacuzzii has) which I see being a slight issue for a big corner tub with big space in the middle far from tub walls and the air holes. But the whole tub gets filled with the microsilk bubbles so should be ok.

Again, thoughts on Jason tubs in general and especially any user experiences with MicroSilk.

Comments (25)

• pauloj_jasonint_com
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Dear Sir;
    Jason International has an IMRSP and internet reseller contract. These do not allow the sale price of our products to be less than 75% of our list price, nor does it allow the sale of MicroSilk Hydrothereapy over the internet.

Unfortunately, one of our retailers listed MicroSilk hydrotherapy online. We will not be able to honor their order to us. However, We encourage you to visit your local showroom through the link below to finalize your purchase.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jason Hydrotherapy; Find a showroom

• Olychick
    13 years ago

no one will buy your product because you are spamming here, since paulo seems to be writing both these posts. Go AWAY!!

• giuseppe_paolo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Um, first off i am not that person who claims to be a rep from Jason nor am I affiliated with them.

But as far as that post, they are being really nasty and I never mentioned price,where I got the tub or if i even got one so not sure what they are talking about. But if they woud cancel someones order the way they are acting, I would definitely boycot their product and all on these forums (as well as the rest of the internet)would see how they are and not buy from them.

What if I did buy one of their tubs and then was giving thrm free positive advertising before even trying it and then thry treated the new customer that way by saying they would csncel their order.

Seems loke that would be a pretty grave mistake to me.

• giuseppe_paolo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

As I have already said, and can clearly be seen here, I did not post the price or even where I got the tub from.

More importantly I want to add that I know exactly who/which showroom reported to Jason Hyrdrotherapy that they think a customer got a good price from somewhere.

That statement alone is laughable that a showroom would do that. They asked me to tell them what price I got so they could beat it, which I thought was wrong as they should just give their best price and not based on what price they have to beat. So I told them a low price to see if they would beat and what they would say in general.

Once they baited me into telling them a price (even though I tricked them) they got all aggressive over the phone demanding I tell them where I got it from for that price (which I made up). I said why and they said "so I can report them".

Looks like that is just what they did, when all they had to go by was a made up price for a certain model. They did not have the selling merchant or any other information.

Depending how this pans out I will be releasing the name of that showroom to these forums, as well as the news, the whole internet, and legal counsel if need be.

Further I think it leaves a terrible impression of Jason Hydrotherapy, that they would take a complaint from a showroom which basicallly told them "some guy told me that this Jason tub online for this low price and I would like to report it to guys at Jason". That is laughable.

How can they take his word about a price I told him which I could have made up. He may have even lied and lowered the price when he "reported" it.

The fact that a representative would come on here and assume it is that customer based on the model # (which proves that they have no other orders for that model) and say that they wont be fullfilling the order even though they will be paid in full for it, because they think maybe the reseller isn't selling it for enough is preposterous. What do they care how much profit the reseller makes and they can't make them or a private customer show how much they paid.

I think this was a very interesting test to see what would happen when I told that showroom a low false price. I am stating right here that the price I told him was lower then the price I got.

I will let all know how this pans out, but if my order is canceled, I will be releasing the name of that showroom to the news, these forums and other local and internet sources.

Also, this sale will be followed by all of the same as for Jason Hydrotherapy's part in it, if they do not fullfill the order.

After seeing that this is how they would handle a new customer who was trying their new technology and already making positive posts about which was basically free advertising for them and to get others on these forums interested in their brand and technology when most of these forums consensus is that BainUltra is the best air bath.

Jason should have been giving me discount and paying me for the free advertising and chance to gain marketshare even just on these forums dominated by BainUltra based stricly on real user reviews and experience.

I almost do not even want the product anymore but just out of principal will make sure no matter what I have to do to get it for the price I paid.

I hope all follow this carefully my updates if the order does in fact get canceled. Maybe they just want that other showroom to think it was and thats fine and as I said I will hold off on releasing the name of that showroom that "reported" the supposed low price that they "think" someone "may" have gotten which is complete heresay and unbelievable to me if Jason hyrdrotherapy does in fact cancel the order and bad enough they come on these forums and say as much.

Already you see one upset forum member thinking that I was also a Jason rep because the 2nd part of my name is the same as the first part of the Jason rep and because I was already praising the product pre-emptively before receiving.

Depending on how this pans out, I believe this will completely make or break said showroom that "reported" this and Jason has already made themselves look bad with what they said here, so we will see how this pans out.

If the legal and binding order is left alone, then I would be willing to keep the name of the showroom to myself and hope they just learn from their mistake before they lose their whole rep and business and while Jason has already exposed themselves, I will report if I do in fact get my order and say that the people let it slide and give Jason a chance still.

That maybe they were just acting improperly after being riled by an out of line show room owner/rep who tried to make trouble based on heresay and a figure someone told him over the phone.

Quite laughable but also an interesting situation and possible serious reprucussions for both the "reportee" and Jason as the manufacturer of the tub if my order does not go through.

Depending on how they handle, I may fight with all my legal rights to receive the product only to sell it myself brand new for less then I bought for which they can not tell me how much to sell it for.

Hopefully they will make right on their comments here and the order so as to have me and all the ppl of these forums and the internet still give them a chance and benefit of the doubt.

In fact at this point, I will not be trusting that I will receive my order until I do so I suggest they fast track it to me before they have an absolute PR nightmare on their hands.

I can be forthright about this because I as the customer did nothing wrong. I placed an order for their product with an authorized reseller. A local showroom called me the day after I placed the order after I had left them a message and upon my telling them I had already ordered it, they asked me the price. I was offended by this instead of them just giving me their price if they really wanted me to cancel my order with another retailer to order with them instead and when pressed a couple times for the price, I made up a price lower then what I got it for.

All of what I did is completely legal and within my right. Very interesting to see what has transpired here though. If I have to I will fight this in the legal system to see that I receive my already done fully paid for order.

I will not release the name of the reseller but as of right now believe them to be completely innocent and a merchant that I trust and would recommend. If the manufacturer cancels an order they placed for their customer, that will make them look bad and reflect on their reputation and business so I'm sure they would have their own possible legal actions against the "reporting" showroom and against Jason Hydrotherapy for not fulfilling the order.

Once again I have done nothing wrong here whatsoever but spend a lot of money taking my chance on a new product which I was already giving positive feedback about and asking others to share their thoughts and personal experience with the product which ultimately would have helped JASON sales tremendously the way this forum has for BainUltra airbaths.

Stay tuned here and whereever else I can possibly share my story if for any reason the manufacturer in this case Jason International Hyrdrotherapy does not fullfill the order to the authorized merchant I bought it from.

Again, I will give them a chance to repair their rep and damage they have done to themself by saying what they did here but as of now, I have not been notified of my order being canceled so just like the "report" from the showroom and the false price I told them I got, this could be nothing, possibly even someone posing as a rep from Jason Hyrdotherapy with the last name Jacuzzii.

but because of what the showroom rep said "I'm going to report that price!" I believe there to be some truth what the Jason rep said here and will report here the second I am notified that my order is canceled.

Rest assured I will not be reording it from anywhere, and funny that the Jason rep references the find a local showroom link as if I would possibly order it from the very showroom that reported the price I got. Imagine if his "whistle blowing" of a made up number based on heresay got another merchants order canceled and brought him a sale. That must be against the law.

Funny that this thread started out with a new customer to Jason Hydrotherapy product excited about a new technology and was the first to make a thread about it on these important consumer forums which was actually a great service to Jason. And again I nowhere mentioned where I got it from let alone price.

So ironic that the thread now turns into an outlet to see how these consumer privacy and rights issue pans out with the fate of the whistle blowing showroom and even Jason Hyrdotherapy's fate in the hands of their own actions at this point.

• giuseppe_paolo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Youd think the Jason rep would have wanedt to chime in and comment on the microsilk technology and why the Jason hydrotherapy are as good or better then other air baths....but instead this.

Doesnt give me much confidence in their product or even want it anymore.

But I will make sure I receive what I have an official invoice for.

And to think I was their first fan already praising the product which is completely absent from any positive discussion or reviews on these or other forums. Only to have my pre-emptive compliments shot down by their own company rep (and member of the fsmily that founded the company) saying that the order "wont be fullfilled" and then being so brazen as to assume I would then still repurchase the product elsewhere for more causing the original merchant to lose the sale. Wow.

In fact now that I think about it, none of correspondence with Jason on the phone or by email were very friemdly at all.. And actually it was the reseller wnose order they want to cancel were the sole credit to Jason getting the sale. A sale which would have lead to possibly rave reviews by myself on here amd other forums plus fam & friemds irl (think how fast word spreads on fb) which would have lead to many sales for Jason int. But instead now a loss of sale, pr nightmsre snd possible legsl ramifications.

Will be interesting to see if they do the right thing to help turn this embarassing pr mess around for themselves.

Their best bet at this point might be to claim that poster is just an imposter with official looking email addy and that they would never cancel a customers sale all because some jealous competing merchant who didnt get the sale "reported" that he thinks someone might have got a good deal elsewhere.

Worst case scenario for me is I get my money back for an impulse buy on unproven technology and possibly use it to get a superior proven BainUltra air bath while pursuing my legal rights with the friendly reseller in a joint suit against both the "reporting" showroom and Jason International.

Either way, my family and I went from being excited amd willing to try a new brand and bath technology not to mention exceeding the tub budget significantly only to be told by the manufac. thst we might not have paid enough?

So now we feel very violated snd upset about this with a very bad impression of the "reporting" locsl showroom and Jason Int. A situation which will have to be shared in a big way depending how this turns out.

Will keep this thread, other internet sources, plus the news and legsl counsel posted..... Stsy tuned.

• giuseppe_paolo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Update:
    That is in fact Paulo Jacuzzi of Jason int, and he did contact the merchant/reseller. My order is in a holding pattern now which is very upsetting to us as it was needed yesterday.

Once agsin, they are going by heresay of a rep at a showroom who "reported" to them that he thinks someone got a good price. He baited me into telling him a price which I have stated several times here, thst I told him a price thst was lower then what I got.

Furthermore he coud have lied and told Jason int. An even lower price. Thry csnnot legslly force the selling showroom or customer to show what was actually paod.

This already is an invasion of privacy and my legal rights.

To be clesr, I called the selling merchant/showroom to buy a completely different brand tub. I just happened to ask "what is this microsilk abiut and Jason baths in general".

The very authorized reseller and showroom thst Jason is now holding up the sale of one of their customers is the whole reason Jason got the sale. This friendly merchsnt/showroom (unloke my locsl one which I would never buy from) simglehandedly got Jason the sale snd even possibly took less profit to gain a new customer and get Jason the sale which they get in full.

Jason int has this reseller to thank and should be praising them for getting a customer to switch from a competing product to their Jason product and therein exceeding the customers (me) original budget.

A sale which alredy was bringing preemptive positive review and praise and woukd have helped get Jasons product and their new bath technology out there, therefore bringing in msny subsequent future sales.

The way Jason has handled this so far was very unwise from a business standpoint and I feel that at this time they owe the merchsnt and the customer much more then just an apology.

Both the merchant and the customer are ready to go full force in this against the "reporting" showroom and Jason Int.

We will see if they do the right thing and make up for this atrocity but at this point, just putting the order through is not enough (especially after losing precious time) and I will be pursuing tnis matter to the fullest extent depending on how they handle tnis from here.

And based on their already cocky unfriendly reputation, which I have witnessed first hand, I do not have much confidence they will resolve this amicably so myself and the reseller are united and ready to pursue tnis matter full force.

In the meantime, my family and I are very upset about tnis while we wait to see how they are going to make right on this and am only giving them a few more hours to figure it out before its too late.

• giuseppe_paolo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Also, for anyone interested in a microsilk alternative, it looks like Neptune had their micro bubble technology called Tonic, first and they have nicer styles then Jason anyway.

• jph1
    12 years ago

Ironically, I JUST watched a video on this micro silk tub on YouTube. This is an amazing product. I am curious to see if it has been tested and proven to actually make you look younger. Are there any side effects? How much does this cost? Does anyone have one of these yet?
    I am skeptical until I have seen results and heard reviews.
    I can't wait to hear more about this tub.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jason micro silk bath tub - REALLY cool new tub

• firetruck41
    12 years ago

My skin bathes in oxygen all day long, not sure some of their claims have much merit in that regard. Might be a nice, relaxing, comfortable bath though.

• giuseppe_paolo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

UPDATE:

2nd attempt to purchase with new merchant also was canceled after losing even more days.

Almost went with a Neptune or other brand tub at this point but...

Luckily, I was told to call Jason Hydrotherapy and ask for a particular person to find out what was going on. So I did and while he is probably who the merchants were saying was "the old stickler" he was actually pretty nice and reasonable. He explained that the order just has to be placed by a showroom and they prefer it to be one at least within driving distance from you.

The first order was from a showroom that has a website but it was the fact that their showroom is pretty far away in another state. I did call their showroom though and they put the sale through via their showroom not their website.

The second order was also from a showroom but this time within driving distance not far at all but, even though I placed the order with their brick & mortar showroom they put it through under the name of their website so Jason Int. did not honor the order.

Luckily I am in the tri/quad state area with southeastern PA (Philadelphia area), north Deleware, all of NJ and the NYC area all within an hour or so with lots of authorized showrooms via the Jason website.

So tomorrow I am giving Jason Int. one last try (3rd times a charm?)by placing the order with a showroom not far from me. The person I spoke with said there is nooone higher up then him at Jason Int. and that he will make sure it goes through. It just has to be an authorized Jason Hydrotherapy showroom (plus within driving distance I guess) which this place qualifies as. I told him I (and I'm sure the merchant) would fully cooperate to abide by Jason Int.'s rules and he said he would make sure the order goes through (and hopefully expedited at this point as I needed the tub last week!)

I am positive that everything will be fine now and after speaking with the head of the company, I have renewed confidence in Jason Hyrdrotherapy and their products. Hopefully there are no other problems and everything works out with the tub coming in a timely manner and being worth the wait.

Thanks for following this debacle which now has a light at the end of the tunnel.

At this point though, I wont fully believe everything is ok until I actually receive the tub. But hopefully soon we can resume this thread for what it was for and that is for owners of Jason tubs in general to share pics and review of their baths; and answer questions for perspective buyers as well as discus Jason Hyrdrotherapy's new microsilk technology and anyone who has it. Which so far looks like noone as I was one of the first to order it which is why you would think they would want the order to go through.

But alas they have strict regulations on it, and since it was between manufacturer (Jason) and the resellers, I was not properly informed of the reasoning, so was beginning to think I as a private customer was being discriminated against. But by going straight to the source I find that the reason had nothing to do with me as the customer, that they wanted to make the sale, and the solution was pretty simple. It just has to be purchased from an actual brick and mortar authorized showroom and preferably within driving distance (this will suck for ppl that live in areas where the closest showroom is 3-4 hours away or more, but luckily I live in the tristate area with many Jason authorized showrooms in 4 different states all within less then 2 hours away)

After weeks of confusion this was instantly cleared up by going straight to the source (the highest up at Jason Int.) and all should be well now.

Will confirm once I actually receive the tub.

• lee676
    12 years ago

I'm reluctant to buy from any company that publishes their online brochure in that gawdawful FlashPageFlip format. Don't use Flash for brochures. (actually, don't use flash for anything, it's a PITA). We can't let our potential customers allow pages to be viewed large enough to be readable on anything smaller than a plasma HDTV, and Lord help us if they actually want to printour advertising! Why can't they give us something useful like a .PDF document like everyone else?

Too bad, as I am completely behind the basic idea of lots of tiny bubbles feeling much better than the usual large bubbles produced (often noisily) by conventional air tubs. (less sure about the pseudoscientific terminology - anions improving seritonin levels in the brain, etc.). But you can demonstrate the basic principle in any plain bathtub - lie on your back, cup your hand(s), lift your back, and push or splash some air/water under your back. In the first few seconds afterward, the large bubbles will quickly rise to the air surface. But the tiniest bubbles will be stragglers, clinging to your body as they slowly work their way up your back, shoulders, and neck. Subtle and sensual, it feels incredible.

And at least one of their tubs looks great - the IC635P. A clear glass tub! (actually it's translucent acrylic, but that will do). My heart is pounding from just thinking of how stunning a certain someone would look bathing in one of these babies....

Did I mention it's 6 feet long and 42" wide? Room for two. A hearty 23" deep.

I want!

• meadowcow
    12 years ago

So, have you installed it yet?

I'm interested in what you think. My wife has really dry skin and we have been eyeing this new MicroSilk technology.

• rtwill
    12 years ago

I have had nothing but problems with my Bain Ultra jet tub. My tub would turn on randomly throughout the night, so I would be in bed and hear air rushing from the tub in the middle of the night. Within a year of installation the lights on the keypad stopped functioning. Called their customer service department and they will not honor their warranty. Apparently their electronics and keypads are poorly constructed. The Bain employee I spoke to suggested I replace the tub altogether.

• gentry111us
    11 years ago

So has anyone on this site bought the Microsilk by Jason? Does it really work as advertised? Is it worth the can?

You can email me a private review if you prefer at gentry111us@yahoo.com.

• Scrapatch
    11 years ago

I tried it out one night at a plumbing store last April and ended up purchasing it (yesterday). Won't be installed until September/October however - I don't know if it works or not, but I felt relaxed afterwards - reminded me of how I felt the few times I have had a spa treatment - less stress, I guess. I purchased the LX - which had back jets, which felt wonderful on my old back. The microsilk made the water look smoky - felt moisture in the air.

• ksmbaywood
    11 years ago

I am considering getting the MicroSilk feature along with the chromatherapy by Jason. Can anyone comment on using either or both of these features over some length of time? What are the drawbacks and benefits that you have discovered?

• ksmbaywood
    11 years ago

I am considering getting the MicroSilk feature along with the chromatherapy by Jason. Can anyone comment on using either or both of these features over some length of time? What are the drawbacks and benefits that you have discovered?

• lascatx
    11 years ago

Karen, I'd suggest starting a new thread or looking at the Jason tub thread. There is too much baggage on this one and new discussion is likely to get lost.

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

FYI, Oxygen is damaging to skin and other cells of the body. The fact that your body can use it to convert into energy is because oxygen gas (in the air) forms high energy chemical bonds, which your metabolism breaks and then traps the energy.

Oxygen damages DNA, fatty acids (ie skin membranes) and other cells in your body.

That's why ANTI-oxidants are good for you - Vitamin C, E etc neutralize oxidants when applied externally or taken internally.

I find it really hilarious that people think increasing oxygen will make you look younger. No, it won't.

A vigorous, stimulating bath might hydrate your skin, making it temporarily look better - but nothing to do with the oxygen content.

• selenanoel1
    10 years ago

We are considering Microsilk tub in new master bath and wondering about people's experiences with skin, installation, upkeep..
    . divot diva & lascatx, have either of you installed your microsilk tub yet? We tried the demo mini-tub and seem to see less wrinkles in immersed hand vs. non-immersed even after a couple of days but it looks too good to be true so we're doing more consumer research.

• divotdiva2
    10 years ago

Selena, we dumped this thread due to spam. Check out the other threads.

• verna1
    9 years ago

Is there a up date of someone other than a dealer, that chose the microsilk tub. Can I get a 60 by 32 microsilk air masseur alcove tub

• Bunny
    9 years ago

TL;DR

Maybe delete it entirely?

• divotdiva2
    9 years ago

Verna search for my thread regarding Jason. this thread is full of spam