Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misc Small Bathroom Cabinet Issues

Posted by happs (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 0:21

Last year, a post of mine on Cardell cabinets seemed to have caused quite a debate on customer expectations and whether certain flaws and install issues are the onus of the dealer or manufacturer.

I just had new bathroom cabinets installed--NOT Cardell obviously since they are out of business, but another manufacturer who shall remain nameless. The dealer has been pleasant to work with so far and is coming back soon to install a new end panel. Immediately after the install, I noticed a few minor issues listed below.

1) On the VDB1234, the middle drawer wobbles in a left/right motion right when the soft close part engages.

2) The VDB1534 middle drawer doesn't fully close and on the back of the drawer box (the non visible outside part) there are two "u" shaped metal pieces on the lower left and right. Well on the lower left, there is a phillips screw instead. Sometimes, after the soft close part doesn't engage on it either.

3) on two VDB1234 units, the top drawers slant to the right.

4) The horizontal spaces between the drawers/doors in uneven.

5) Installer didn't put scribe moulding in a couple of spots at the end of the cabinet.

Do you think these issues can be easily rectified by the dealer? Am I am reasonable in asking for them to be fixed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misc Small Bathroom Cabinet Issues

Install issues. Again. He didn't adjust the drawers.

o

Do you think it would be best if the dealer had the same installer correct the issues or to have the dealer send out another installer to correct them? The dealer mentioned they work with different installers.

o

Happy to report that all the problems were fixed easily with no hassles from the dealer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here