Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I paint bathroom cabinets dark brown?

Posted by linnybinny (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 27, 12 at 0:21

We are remodeling (resurfacing, really) our master bathroom. Our current cabinets are original 1970s that I'm sure have been repainted white or some variation of it about a thousand times. We don't have it in the budget to replace the cabinets, so I was wondering if we can paint them a high-gloss dark brown? If so, any color suggestions? I use Sherwin-williams paints. I was thinking about something at the bottom of the paint chip -- too dark?? Thanks y'all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I paint bathroom cabinets dark brown?

I have seen it done successfully on this forum and in real life several times - I say go for it!

o

I love dark brown and am also considering doing a bathroom cabinet in that color. I say, if you love it, go for it!

o

So I was thinking... do you do a high-gloss or matte paint??

o

We are painting our vanity SW black bean at 60% saturation. They are dark but impressive. We are having dark floors, bainbrook granite and grayish brown walls. It's still a work in process.
We did oil based satin finish.

o

I painted my vanity black and used a very high gloss paint. It's not the best picture I took it with my phone but it might give you an idea in how a dark color looks.

o

Go ahead, paint them with your favorite color, if you have really thought of painting them so - THOUSAND TIMES :) :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here