Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Obscure Shower Glass

Posted by babka (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 23:58

Eight years ago I was a regular poster at the kitchen forum when we did our remodel. The info there was invaluable. Now we about to begin a master bath remodel. So the questions begin...

I love the look of clear, frameless shower glass, BUT no way will we be able to squeegy the glass after each use, and (getting up in years) we'd like the privacy too. ;-)

Soooo, I'm looking at obscure glass, and bamboo pattern in particular. We'd like an asian/contemporary look and I like the close up looks of bamboo glass. Does anyone have it? Or other designs of glass? Got pics?

-Babka

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Obscure Shower Glass

I'm hearing you about having some privacy in the shower glass. I'm starting to plan bathroom redo's and would prefer a shower rod and curtain, but my husband swears they are out, and wants a glass door (yuck).

ANYWAY, we were looking at the big box home store and saw that Kohler has a variety of patterned glass doors, including one that has a bamboo-like pattern. So, what you want does exist.

Here is a link to a shower door website that has a bamboo pattern.
http://cybershowerdoor.com/glass-options/heavy-glass-patterns

o

Thanks, rjr220. That is what I've seen on the internet glass stores so far. That one and also an etched one. We have a walk in shower (no tub) with 2 sides that will be glass, so I'm concerned that it might look too busy in a contemporary style bathroom. Does everyone with walk in, frameless glass showers here go with clear?

-Babka

o

Our hall bathroom has bypass shower doors that are frosted glass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here