Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vanity or pedestal in small powder room?

Posted by joaniepoanie (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 23:57

We are at the end of kitchen remodel and decided to redo powder room which is 4.5 x 4. You walk in and (currently) 24" vanity is straight ahead with toilet to the right. We are putting in same tile floor as in kitchen. Pedestal sink would open it up more visually, but then I'd have to have an over the toilet cabinet for some storage and I am not crazy about them. I could order a 24" sink base cab as in kitchen and there is enough granite for top and 4" splashes, but big and boxy and stuff gets lost in the "dark cave." Am also considering a custom floating vanity 18" wide x 18" depth (also same as kitchen cabs), with granite top, but was told sink would have to be very small. I am perplexed over which way to go.....GWer's always have great perspective....thanks for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vanity or pedestal in small powder room?

I'd also rather have some type of cabinet for storage there...
can you find one that isn't bulky looking? maybe on shot legs but still with a cab under it? that should make if feel a bit more airy.

o
RE: Vanity or pedestal in small powder room?

Wow, you bathroom sounds freakishly like ours! We are finishing up our little 1/2 bath re-do and we chose a vanity. It is smaller than the 24" vanity it replaced, but it is taller (36"h vs. 30"h) and it is more shallow (about 6" more shallow than before). It's just a standard Ikea Lillangen vanity. We will store basics in there, but the one shelf it comes with can't be used due to our plumbing. Oh well.

Pedestals are nice looking, but they really don't offer any storage. If you are not hurting for storage (we certainly are!), they are a great alternative.

Good luck!

1/2 Bath 2/5 - Home stretch!

1/2 Bath 2/5 - Home stretch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here