Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skirted Toilet with Washlet

Posted by ctkathy (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 23:32

I thought this would be easier but I do need help. I'm looking for a skirted toilet, preferably Toto. I have two Totos now and have been happy.

I'd also like a washlet, probably the Bio Bidet. I want the sizes of these two items to coordinate so I'm tring to stay away from a Toto that is narrow. And which Bio Bidet?

Thank you

My style is traditional so nothing too contemporary, but the toilet will be in a WC room.

I had looked at the Aimes but don't hear much about it. How about the Vespin? Someone posted that their Aquia was too narrow for their washlet, so I'm staying away from the Aquia. Any experience with matching up a washlet with a Toto?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skirted Toilet with Washlet

ctkathy: "m staying away from the Aquia. Any experience with matching up a washlet with a Toto? "

We have a Toto Vespin II, and, on it, an Inax Clessence. They match.

Because of our family's Japanese roots and connections, we did not seriously consider any brands of "shower" toilet seats other than Toto and Inax. (Washlet is a registered trademark of Toto, so any non-Toto seat cannot be a Washlet.)

Inax invented the category of toilet seats that perform, and in Japan, Inax and Toto vie for dominance in that category the way that Chevy and Ford fight over the pick-up market in the United States. The role that second-tier players like Dodge and Toyota and Nissan play in the pick-up wars here is taken by Toshiba and Panasonic in the toilet seat wars in Japan, No other players come close.

Do you know who makes the Bio Bidet? I don't. Apparently, it is an American brand, applied to a seat made in Asia.

Toto seats fit Inax toilets and Inax seats fit Toto toilets. You can mix and match with confidence. We prefer the two-wand design of the Inax seats to the one-wand design of the Toto seats.

o
RE: Skirted Toilet with Washlet

I wasn't going to do the Toto washlet because reviews made me think I wouldn't like the spray pattern. I could consider the Inax toilet and bidet seat but not many choice of toilets. I think I would prefer choosing a Toto toilet and an Inax bidet seat. Which Inax bidet seat?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here