Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sneak Peak....Wet run...Washed my hair and shaved my legs!

Posted by raehelen (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 23:10

1 year and 1 month since we began gutting this BR. I got to give the shower a wet run today! Sort of disconcerting to wash hair while DH was critiquing and evaluating (not me, the shower), and looking for leaks!

New controls and settings to figure out. After a very COLD beginning, sort of know controls and settings. Since we only have one inside wall, plumbing/fixtures had to be placed in a non-ideal position, ie I have to step into shower away from door to turn shower on. Figured out that I will leave hand shower in on position and facing down, Overhead shower in off position, that way nothing but perhaps a foot will get wet before water has warmed up.

Shower fixtures installed Feb 23 photo showerinuseF23copy_zps6ab15bc8.jpg

Seal on doors is coming off, will call customer service first thing tomorrow morning, so installation of sink/granite top etc delayed, as we will have to move vanity, so 2/3 there, toilet and shower in and functional, still have to go to other BR to wash hands! LOL OH yeah, and got to dry off with a nice warm towel! Mmmmm

Towel warmer photo towelwarmerF23_zps18173da3.jpg

Got to shave legs both while sitting and while propping up one leg. Much better than awkwardly sitting down on shower floor! Glass doesn't look this green in real life, but at nearly 1/2" thick definitely has a green tinge.
First Wet Run Feb 23 photo showerinuse2_F23copy_zps6f5457ac.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sneak Peak....Wet run...Washed my hair and shaved my legs!

This is great. I love the warm colors. You are almost there! Keep us informed on the shower door seals. Can't wait to see the drawers in place and the counter installed. Please give us the details when you are finished.

I was thinking of you and your DH today, when I was tiling my shower. I was wondering if you encountered this or that problem as they cropped up for me. Lots to think about. I am the slowest tiler in the world. But I am having fun now that I have actually started.

o

Looks nice. What material did you use for the bottom shelf and back wall of the niche?

o

Thanks, still have to design and build/have built medicine cabinet and storage cabinet over toilet, paint edging for one edge of tile, redo window sill (too wide now that tile is up), paint door trim and door, install granite, faucet, sink, drawers and handles...

Well, phoned CS this morning, she asked "Did you clean the walls first" (slight language barrier as think she must be French LOL), "of course" I replied. Thinking aha, that's probably what it was. DH installed glass when I was away, and I'm pretty darn sure he would NOT have cleaned it off before he applied the seal (comes with very high bond tape). So, not sure how we will address the seal on the stationary glass, we're thinking somehow heat it up (maybe with hair dryer) and try and reseal it...

They will be sending out new seals via FedExpress (hopefully today), but DH wants to try using the heating up method to get these current ones to reseal, and keep the new ones as back-ups. They seem pretty securely fastened today...

Dreaming, the bottom shelf is a piece of our granite 'Aran Creme', and the back is a stone mosaic, probably limestone or travertine marble. We will use the same mosaic as backsplash for the vanity along with matching marble pencil liners for edging, still have to decide how high to go...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here