Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mk_in_ohio

Sanijet questions

mk_in_ohio
11 years ago

I have to get a Sanijet 320 because this will be a tub/shower combination. The 420 and 640 have lips that can collect water if used as a shower/tub and I can't see my husband drying off the deck behind the lip every day after his shower.

The Elite variation is 30% off plus free shipping, grab bars, chromatherapy light, and drain/overflow. This makes it about $1000 more than if I just get the Essential version with one grab bar and the drain/overflow. Does anyone have an opinion about the Elite vs. Essential? I could get a 4 jet elite for not that much more than a 6 jet essential. Anyone just have 4 jets?

Are grab bars essential?

Thanks so much!

Mary Kay

Comments (9)

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

Hi Mary Kay,

So did you end up with either tub? I am also considering the Sanijet 320 and it's 30% off again.

I'd love to hear what you got and how you like it.
    Thanks,
    Jill (Lotteryticket)

• sixkeys
    10 years ago

Did either of you get the Sanijet? I am curious about your experience. Mostly I am concerned about the strength of the jets and the noise. Thanks!

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

I did get it. But our remodel is running behind so it's not installed yet. Hopefully, it will be in by Thanksgiving and I'll try to remember to post on this thread some feedback. It's supposed to be quiet but you never know. Fingers crossed!

• sixkeys
    10 years ago

Thanks! Good luck with the purchase. So exciting!

• lotteryticket
    10 years ago

We finally got the new windows installed last Saturday. One will be at the foot of the tub. Sp even though it's nod hooked up yet I had to sit in it. I don;t know if it will be quiet but the view will be nice! Thanks!

• Pebblez
    9 years ago

I'm posting because when we were looking for a Sanijet tub (now re-branded as Purewater Baths) there was a dearth of reviews... I was introduced to them because Hermann Hill B&B has them in all their rooms. If you can get to Missouri, it might be worth a stay just to try it, besides it being a very nice B&B. Our room had the corner style with the Elite control pad -- while the lights were kind of cool, I doubted I'd ever use the programmable jets, more likely just on or off. When ordering, it didn't seem worth an extra $800 or so to have lights, and I got the Essential control pad, which has been perfectly fine. I also called Hermann Hill and asked about their maintenance experience with the Sanijets, since they have a lot of them and they get lots of use. They reported no problems, I guess they've had them a few years now. I asked the rep at Sanijet for hotels or B&Bs with them so I could try different models, and they would not provide that info. You'd think that would be a win-win for everyone if they had the hotel's permission to release the info, but who knows. Pros: super easy to clean, and jets don't need cleaning every time. I clean mine about 1x/month, and even then they are already pretty clean. I love that there is no water sitting stagnant in tubes. I do rinse and wipe down the tub after each use, because we have hard water and I don't want calcium spots. A swipe with a hand towel and it's done. It seems fairly quiet (never had a whirlpool before so I have no frame of reference on noise), I can use bath salts and bubble bath (can't in a regular piped whirlpool) and it holds temp very well. Also very satisfying even with minimal water to cover jets because the jets closest to head of the tub send water cascading over shoulders and chest, so no more back and forth to keep legs warm, then torso warm, then legs warm... A warm, lavender scented bath at night vs. staying up and looking at a computer screen then trying to sleep -- definitely has helped my sleep pattern. Contractor had no issues with installation. Cons: cost, and the jets at the foot of the tub could be better situated. Not much space to rest feet between jets, and straddling them with feet is less than comfortable for me. But overall that's a small thing and the tub is very comfortable. I've used almost daily since late December 2013.

• lotteryticket
    9 years ago

So nice to hear that. Even though I hoped when I originally posted that I'd have it hooked up long before now that didn't happen until Saturday. This project is on it's 8th month. All the warranties will have expired before anything has ever been used. LOL. But it sounds like I have something to look forward to! Someday...soon...please.

• K Sweeney
    5 years ago
    Hi. I’m looking into getting a Purebath but I’m not finding many reviews. Can you tell me what your experience has been? How many jets did you get? Anything you would change? Do you find them loud?
  • lotteryticket
    5 years ago

Hi K Sweeney. This is lotteryticket but I think this might post under my Houzz accoung, not my old GardenWeb account. I've had the sanijet/purebath for year now. I love it. It's fairly quiet, deep, perfect. It has 4 jets and that's all i need. Super easy to clean. I give it a 10/10.