Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
7 days bath renovation complete ... need paint color

Posted by rufinorox (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 22:42

A week ago we tore our bath apart and this is where we are today. We still need our medicine cabinet and vanIty light installed, however picking a paint color has been a challenge. I'm hoping someone can help me decide. I'm not sure if I should go light or dark in the brown family.

Here are some pictures of before and after.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 7 days bath renovation complete ... need paint color

WOW that is inspiring. We plan to begin next week, your pictures give me pause...demo is really ugly!!

o

Oh my! We have the same "before" bathroom!! Didn't you just love the demo phase?! Good riddance, I say!

Am nearly to the paint choosing time myself, and it is not my talent, so I have no ideas for you. Instead I have a question.

Please tell me ASAP the name/color of your floor tile. It looks so close to what I am selecting, and your pictures have aroused my curiosity. Thanks.

And great job, by the way! Congratulations on style and speed.

o

Thank you all! Yea I have to say demo was exciting. Good riddins I say. I'll figure out a color soon enough my husband is ready and won't wait to long for me to start painting. The tile is from home depot - unfortunately it was a last minute decision but I'm very happy with my choice. It is called Brazilian Slate by Marazzi.

o

What a transformation! I love your demo shots-esp the shattered tub and sink. You can "feel" the exhilaration of smashing it all up.

I'm thinking BM Manchester Tan is just about right! A good backdrop for all your pretty details. It isn't peachy or greenish like so many tans can be.

Beautiful job on the bathroom!

o

Shanghai mom - thank you I'm heading over to paint store to take a look at some suggestions. I have to say to anyone looking to destroy a cast iron tub - its not easy! But yeah it was fun getting in there and helping out in demo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here