Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vadawg

Door or no door on shower?

VADawg
10 years ago

Hi all, we're doing a complete remodel. Our master bath has been designed to be an open shower. The contractor says water shouldn't get out onto the bathroom floor because of he has designed the shower floor to be sloping and also the shower head is mounted perpendicular to the entrance. Also, the entrance is 36", so it's not a huge entrance. My main concerns are 1) water could still escape- my husband is notorious for getting the bathroom floor soaking wet when he showers (but that is in our current bath with a shower curtain), and 2)being cold- do those of you without a shower door get cold in the shower? Thanks!

Comments (4)

• sochi
    10 years ago

We don't have a shower door on our shower. The odd drop of water escapes, but not much. Depends on the design. Re: cold, no, it isn't cold. Our master bath is relatively small, so the room warms up quickly, like a shower stall would. If the bathroom is huge cold may be more of a concern.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

I did a search for 'doorless showers' here on this forum and came up with 18 threads. This is a very popular topic. All your questions shall be answered.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Doorless Shower threads

• InTheBloom
    10 years ago

I am definitely one of those who likes the shower to heat up. No door would not work for me because bathroom is too large. How big is your bathroom?

• chisue
    10 years ago

Would be too drafty for me. (And my DH wipes down the glass!)