Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Door or no door on shower?

Posted by VADawg (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 13, 14 at 22:34

Hi all, we're doing a complete remodel. Our master bath has been designed to be an open shower. The contractor says water shouldn't get out onto the bathroom floor because of he has designed the shower floor to be sloping and also the shower head is mounted perpendicular to the entrance. Also, the entrance is 36", so it's not a huge entrance. My main concerns are 1) water could still escape- my husband is notorious for getting the bathroom floor soaking wet when he showers (but that is in our current bath with a shower curtain), and 2)being cold- do those of you without a shower door get cold in the shower? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Door or no door on shower?

We don't have a shower door on our shower. The odd drop of water escapes, but not much. Depends on the design. Re: cold, no, it isn't cold. Our master bath is relatively small, so the room warms up quickly, like a shower stall would. If the bathroom is huge cold may be more of a concern.

o

I did a search for 'doorless showers' here on this forum and came up with 18 threads. This is a very popular topic. All your questions shall be answered.

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Doorless Shower threads

o

I am definitely one of those who likes the shower to heat up. No door would not work for me because bathroom is too large. How big is your bathroom?

o

Would be too drafty for me. (And my DH wipes down the glass!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here