Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worldmom_gw

Finished powder room :o)

worldmom
15 years ago

We're in the middle of a remodel that involves about half of our main floor, and this is the first of our finished rooms. It feels wonderful to have *something* done!

The space our bathroom now occupies was formerly (mostly) a coat closet. Our old powder room and side hallway space are becoming a laundry room with a smaller coat closet, and the old laundry area and mudroom are giving way to our kitchen expansion. It's been a bit like "musical rooms," but it's definitely worth the hassle!

Anyway, here are the details:
Medicine cabinet and light fixture- VanDyke's Restorers (fixture shades are from Rejuvenation)

Toilet and sink - Kohler Bancroft

Nickel faucet - American Standard Claridge

1" hex unglazed floor tile and black pencil tiles- DalTile

Subway and white deco tiles - American Olean (The grout is a silver grey polyurethane, which our tile guy is in love with.) ;o)

Nickel back plate and black porcelain doorknob (yet to be installed) - House of Antique Hardware

And my favorite part - the paint!!! BM Feather Grey on the walls, and Ace "Chalk" on the woodwork.

From Last Import
From Last Import
From Last Import

Future home of TP holder, once a replacement for our defective one arrives:

From Last Import
From Last Import

Comments (19)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    15 years ago

Nice! I really like the way the wall tile turned out.

• jane__ny
    15 years ago

Beautiful job! Love the tile work and the soft color.

Jane

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!

A question: polyurethane *grout*? Could you please share more re brand name/product line?

(And was the switchplate original? Or did you put it in? I love those so much. mother of pearl on the little buttons?)

• worldmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

flyleft - yes, it's polyurethane grout. I'd never heard of it either, but our tile guy loves it because it's pre-mixed (compared to a 3-part epoxy grout), and if I remember correctly, it doesn't have to be sealed like a sanded grout.

I will check on the brand tomorrow morning. It was pricey stuff, but as you can see from the pics, we didn't have very much area to do.

We put the switch plate in to match our original push-button switches. We do have a few modern ones in the house, but we're gradually switching (ha!) them all back. We ordered the switches from Rejuvenation, and the plates were from Restoration Hardware.

• norasnews
    15 years ago

Looks really great. Thanks for your master bath sink name too, btw!!!

• eastgate
    15 years ago

I wish that were my bathroom!

• bluekitobsessed
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Of course I love the wall color :) but I also love everything else in it too -- most especially the cute kid!

• worldmom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

flyleft- the grout is "Quartz Lock" HTH!

• lauren674
    15 years ago

So pretty and so what I like!

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

Thanks, worldmom -- that is completely new to me and I do so love researching new products :) We have DD's bath to do...I really appreciate your taking the time to find out the info :)

(and your little guy is adorable!)

• teddychicago
    15 years ago

Very classy! Thanks for sharing.

• User
    15 years ago

Only one way to describe it! Perfect, Perfect, Perfect! Great job!

• houseful
    15 years ago

I echo what everyone else said! Enjoy!

• sherri_09
    15 years ago

Hi WorldMom, I hope you are enjoying your beautiful powder bath. I have a couple of quick questions for you regarding grout. Can you tell me what color grout you used in your master bath? I'm assuming you did not use the quartz lock on it? It's probably too soon too tell, but have you noticed a difference so far w/the cleaning/wear of the Quartz Lock in your powder bath? I did a quick search on Quartz Lock and it seemed that installers gave it mixed reviews as to whether it was easier to work w/than latex. Thanks so much!

• sixmagnolialane
    15 years ago

worldmom-

bathroom looks great! how do you like the kohler bancroft toilet? I've been looking for feedback but haven't found much on the bancroft.

• User
    15 years ago

what a charming powder room! and i agree, the kid is cute as heck.

i guess you're still on a search for tp holders (i see that forlorn little roll in the corner!)??

good job!

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

Very very nice. :-)

• megradek
    15 years ago

So PRETTY!! the wall color is so soft, clean and calming. I love the tile work. enjoy this little bit of completion in your world of chaos!!!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz