Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
guest bath: before and design board pics

Posted by sharonite (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 13, 12 at 21:44

I am planning a remodel of our kids/guest bath. Demo starts mid-March. The hideous "before" pictures are below. (The pictures look much better than IRL, the bath is really falling apart. Can't wait to get rid of the berry tile, LOL!)

Now, I am posting because I recently learned how to do design boards over on the kitchen forum, and I'm so excited to share my first one, for this bath! I had a lot of fun making it, with pictures from the actual components that I've bought for the remodel. I'm going for a sleek, neutral, modern look: Omega slab maple vanity, 18x18 marble-look tiles on floor and tub surround, Cambria "FIeldstone" engineered quartz counter, carrera/glass random mosaic tile, chrome faucets, pulls and lighting. Will post again when it's done, and see if it looks anything like the design board...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: guest bath: before and design board pics

I love your vanity and your modern look.

I know you didn't ask for input but I'd like to share my thoughts on your board. I don't know what the green element is in the upper corner, is that the counter? The color and intensity seems out of place to me with your other soft elements. I think the liner tile and the green abstract square design don't read well together. They are both very nice on their own but together I don't think they work. What are your thoughts to my comments?

o
R E: guest bath: before and design board pics

Enduring, the green square in the upper right us actually a picture of a glicee print from Lynne Taesch. I like to hang art in my baths and thought that an abstract print with green tones might work. It's only 18x18 inches so it shouldn't dominate. Having said that, I appreciate the comment and will think about something with softer color tones. What do you suggest for wall paint color?

o

Oh, I love the thought of hanging art. But heck..wall color? I took 14 color sample paint ups to decide on my kitchen color! But I got the perfect color.
would that rich darker color look good on the walls?

o
RE: guest bath: before and design board pic

There is no natural light in this bathroom, so I was thinking a lighter wall color, but I don't plan to decide until everything else is done. Would love ideas though. I'm afraid of committing the sin of "uncorrelated neutrals" with the wall color. Although at least it's easy to fix.

o

Oh, I love the thought of hanging art. But heck..wall color? I took 14 color sample paint ups to decide on my kitchen color! But I got the perfect color.
would that rich darker color look good on the walls?

o
RE: oops crazy acting internet I guess.

How are my old postings getting reposted? I just read this post and then backed out only to discover that my post from earlier today reposted?!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here