Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Towel bars

Posted by momo48 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 21:33

I know there has been discussion about this in past forums, but...
I am thinking of mounting a towel bar on the master closet door, which is right next to the shower. We hardly ever close that closet door and it really is the perfect spot to hang towels so that they are out of view. I've seen many styles of double towel bars that look as though they'd keep the damp towels off the surface of the door. Anyone actually do this and has it worked? Actual pictures would be great! I've seen every picture on Google Images!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Towel bars

I've done singles on doors with no issue. Does your door open against a wall? if it does you may not have the clearance needed for the double bar. Also if your door is hollow it may not be strong enough for two towels and the tugging that goes with them.

o

I've always put towel bars on doors, and never had a problem with them. I don't like the double bars because the towels don't dry very well.

o

We have a single on our bathroom door and actually did that specifically because we had moisture issues with the towel bar on the wall. The door is painted in satin enamel paint and much more resistant to moisture, and the towel bar we chose had room for the towels to hang just a bit away from the door. Switched it four years ago and haven't had an issue with it since! I can't speak to the double bar, but we got a single that was long enough to hang two full-sized towels side-by-side, if that would work for you. They dry nicely.

o

Thanks, all. I am 99% sure the doors are solid 6 panel doors, so we should be good.

This post was edited by momo48 on Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 20:18

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here