Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some urgent design help please!!

Posted by hobokenkitchen (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 21:27

We are pretty much out of time for a couple of design decisions - we have to tell our GC tomorrow or the next day latest.

Two things.

1: Which paint color? We can either go with theBM Smokey Taupe or we could go with a greenish color to play off the glass.

And more importantly

2: The tub filler. We have decided to use the Kohler Devonshire in polished chrome for faucets and shower trim (with Speakman shower heads).
I went into Fergason to ask about a long tub filler (it's a wall mounted filler) and the design consultant said we shouldn't use the devonshire tub filler spout as it was too ordinary to go above the tub and under the feature tile.

She showed me a different filler (the loure) and said it would work with the Devonshire handle. We love the spout, but I don't see how it would work with the Devonshire handle and we don't really want a completely different handle and spout just on that wall.

Can anyone give me some opinions? I'm a bit lost about what to do about the tub spout. With the Devonshire being both too short and according to the design consultant too ordinary, what do we do??

Pics. All tile is ungrouted and we'll be using 'warm gray'.

Bathroom (floor is covered for protection);

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Close up of tiles:

Shower:

With the floor:

The Devonshire tub filler and handle.

The Foure tub filler spout.

Devonshire faucets:

A sample of the tile with Smokey Taupe in sunlight.

and in different light.

Does the Smokey Taupe work?

We could also go with a green paint to play off the tile. Haven't really found one that could work yet though.

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some urgent design help please!!

I personally don't think the new tub spout goes, but I am a very matchy, match person. I think the Devonshire is curvy while the other has straight lines. I do love the taupe paint color. I think it makes the green tile pop and really like the look. Tough decisions! I am interested with what others will have to say.

Your bathroom is turning out beautiful!

o

I agree Devonshire the tub spout is really plain, however, I don't really like the one she suggested as I don't think it goes with the Devonshire suite--it's a little too modern looking to go with the Devonshire shower controls. With that being said, I have never thought the Devonshire shower/tub pieces matched the elegance of the Devonshire lavatory faucet and Roman tub filler faucet. I would be very tempted to use something different that has the same elegance of the lav faucet & that coordinates well with the Devonshire lav faucet for the shower & tub.

Is this going over a regular tub/shower combination or over a dedicated tub? Here are some spouts I found doing a quick google image search that may coordinate with the Devonshire suite better and give that extra 'pop' to the bath:
http://www.tubz.com/images/riobel/ED05L.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Newport-Brass-3-925-26-Filler-Chrome/dp/B004D54XV0

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?product_id=13283002

http://www.tubz.com/images/cifial/231.885.721.jpg

If its going over a standard tub/shower combo, I have some other ideas I can offer up too.

Hope this helps!

o

It's going over this tub (tub only, no shower). It has a valve for a single control so can't do two knobs.
Ideally we'd like to keep the Devonshire trim and just get a tub filler spout that's a bit more elegant.

I'll look through all the suggestions when I'm on the laptop tomorrow. Thanks!!

o

Check out Rohl tub fillers, they have some pretty ones.

o

That is one gorgeous tub!!!!

Is the decorative section over the tub area with all the swirlies tile? If so, would you mind sharing the specs on it? Its beautiful!

o

It is tile and it's from Artistic Tile. It's a bit pricey which is why we only have a bit! It's the water jet glass and marble.

o

Gorgeous bathroom! What about this one, although the handle seems a bit chunky:

or....

Here is a link that might be useful: Gilford

o
option #2

this one, it has handle options:

Here is a link that might be useful: Watermark Hampshire

o

Allison - thanks!!!
I really like the first one. What do you think about using the spout with the Devonshire handle? Weird or fine?

o

The more I look at the one she suggested, the more I like it. Especially since your tub and that gorgeous tile will be the focal point of your bath. The whole thing screams for attention and will look very elegant together. Normally I would want things to 'match' a bit more myself, but since it will all be polished chrome I think you'll be ok. If you're worried, go with something more curvy, but I'd keep it on the 'chunkier' side rather than skinny if that makes sense.

o

If the finishes are close, I don't know why not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here