Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newsoutherner1

Design questions -- limestone counter & need for accent tile

newsoutherner1
12 years ago

I'm looking for some opinions from friends and strangers. I was all set to go with quartz counters (not that I was in love, but it worked) and wandered into a natural stone showroom this afternoon and a slab of Jerusalem Gold limestone called out to me. My selected floor tile is a porcelain with the look of a vein cut stone. (Sorry can't post a picture now). The look is terrific. I got a price quote of about $45/sq ft installed. Quartz will be about $60. Disclosure-- this is master bath only to be used by 2 neat and clean adults. Question -- is honed limestone a really bad idea for mainenance?

The other issue is if it is a mistake to simply run the tile and not break it up with accent tiles or a design in the shower or on the tub deck. With the quartz in mind, I was struggling to add something that made sense. As soon as I saw the limestone, I got that Zen feeling that this works. There is a stained glass window that is over the tub that is what you see as you enter the bathroom. The tile is 12 x24 and will run crosswise as you enter and run vertically in the shower. It feels to me like there is enought going on. Question -- Is it a mistake to just do the tile?

I appreciate all your comments.

Comments (5)