Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Came home to see shower doors up! Whooeee!

raehelen
10 years ago

Spent all day at the pool judging synchronized swimming. So mentally and physically exhausted. As I drive in, my DH's friend is leaving, he said "you have perfect timing". So afraid to ask, "Is it all done", I just thanked him for his help.

Walk into BR, and shower doors are hanging! I was envisioning perhaps broken glass and having to go back to
Costco to buy more doors... DH and I tried to install them yesterday...under huge protest from me...I knew it was beyond my skill set and strength level. I ended up in tears, and we had to undo the bit we had done. These 12mm thick doors are 78" high and very heavy, There is a solid Stainless Steel 1" thick 5 foot long bar that the doors hang from and so there was no room for error in getting them up and holding them in place. So glad he got a friend to do it instead of me...

Pics to come later....just so happy to have this huge hurdle over and done with. I don't know if it's cuz we're getting older, but this DIYing just isn't as much fun as it used to be! LOL (But the money saved and the personal satisfaction are nice...just looking forward to having this over and done with!)

Comments (5)