Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help with Hansgrohe valve

Posted by michoumonster (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 20:57

Hi all, I bought a hansgrohe thermostatic roman tub filler set. This is the rough-in valve # 04124181

My GC told me that it requires a special 2.5" diamond drill bit that he cannot find anywhere. I can't imagine that it would be this difficult to install since Hansgrohe is pretty popular. Did anyone else find this to be the case or perhaps there is a trick he doesn't know about?
Thanks for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help with Hansgrohe valve

I wonder if he could get one from the stone countertop fabricators?, or have them come out to drill a hole.

o

sloyd, thanks for the tip. He did ask our stone fabricator but the fabricator said the largest bit he has is 2.25".
I guess it is because I have a quartz tub surround as opposed to the usual tile..
I will have to call up Hansgrohe customer service to ask.

o

amazon has them as well

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

In the yellow pages - look up concrete hole drilling. I've had 6 / 8 / 10" holes drilled in concrete.

o

sloyd, thanks for the link! i guess my GC is old school. he only checked all of his building supply stores. amazon is great!

doug_gb, i will call up some concrete hole places if I can't find the drill bit for my GC. thank you!

o

" I've had 6 / 8 / 10" holes drilled in concrete."

I had to punt an exhaust vent for a large paint spray room through a 5 foot thick tool rim rated concrete floor.

The vent was 32 inches in diameter.

It only took about 24 hours of drilling with a huge core bit.

It took longer to erect the scaffold to hold the core up 35 feet to the floor below.
And another 8 hours or so to lower the core down to the 'basement' floor.
It took a lot of rounds on the chain hoist.

o

"And another 8 hours or so to lower the core down to the 'basement' floor."

It's not the fall, it's that sudden stop :)

o

brickeyee, sounds like tedious work!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here