Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toliet paper holder on the side of cabinet

Posted by lilyluv (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 19:48

We are just finishing the building of our new "downsized" home. I am trying to figure out where to put the toilet paper holder in the 2nd bath. With the configuration, I have two choices; either place it on the side of the vanity cabinet or have a free standing one. I would rather not have a free standing, but does anyone know if the side of good cabinets can handle an open arm paper holder attached to it? Thanks for any advice. These last details are driving me crazy! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toliet paper holder on the side of cabinet

We just added a support board on the inside of the vanity, where the holder's attachments went through, and there have been no problems. It is rectangular in shape, go there is additional support against the vanity trim; it remains snug and does not move around. But I suspect just the inside support board would be enough for other styles of holders, too. I experimented with the free-standing type, but they were awkward, tipped over, were the wrong height and not very attractive in the location I had to put them in that bathroom.

This post was edited by Gyr_Falcon on Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 22:17

o

Gyr_Falcon, Thanks for your response. An extra support board will probably do the trick. I hadn't thought of that. We will ask our carpenters to put one there. Thanks again!

o

I have two vanities with toilet paper holders mounted on the side. Both are open arm. One has been there for many more years than I can even guess (was there when we bought the house) and the other one I mounted several years ago.

o

Thanks for the info, Prickly Pear! Open arm on the side it goes!

o

We've had this setup for 4 months with no problems. And the vanity sides are only 1/2" thick.
 photo 101_3922_zps2914d147.jpg

o

I've done the same, and it's held up fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here