Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My serenity bathroom makeover final pics

Posted by mic111 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 19:40

I know how much I enjoy everyone's pictures so wanted to return the favor. I did some refreshing of our master bath. I kept the tub, tile floor, light fixtures, mirrors and cabinets. I replaced the counters, sinks, faucets, tub surround and window blinds. We also repainted. Here is a link to more pictures.
http://dolphinturtlefishshower.blogspot.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My serenity bathroom makeover final pics

Looks lovely, warm and inviting!

o

Love It!

o

Nicely done! Very serene and inviting. I feel calmer just looking at the pic! Enjoy!!

o

Thanks for the kind comments. We were both musing last night that it feels like it is missing something. We're not sure what. My husband thought maybe a bamboo plant. I haven't decided on the towel color yet as I've tried a few and nothing looked right. If there are any decorating suggestions I would love to hear them.

I was thinking of putting a black tori gate on the wall behind the tub. When I was in Japan I loved how the tori gates rose out of the water.

I didn't put the link in right so it wasn't click able. Here it is again:

Here is a link that might be useful: My serenity bath.

o

Very, very nice! It is a very tranquil space, well done. A bamboo plant or a bonsai would look great.

I think some terra cotta orange towels would compliment your river rock and granite and look fabulous with your blue tile.

This room has some similar color tones as yours (although I don't like it as well!)...

I love your creativity... the mosaics around your other bathroom door are so cool!

*Edited to say terra cotta orange TOWELS, not tiles!

This post was edited by treasuretheday on Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 13:48

o

Thanks for the pic! I have an old set of towels in a peach that I didn't try until I saw your pic. I just put them in there and I like it. The buds on the cherry tree decal are peach so if I can get something to match those I think it will all go together nicely.

It has been very interesting with it being so serene. When you walk in the room you can feel your blood pressure drop and it is taking a bit of getting used to.

o

Treasuretheday,

You're suggestion was excellent. I hadn't tried anything in the red/orange family and it turned out to be just the thing. We choose brick red (with a slight orange tint, sort of like rust) towels from Sears. They set things off perfectly. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: The new towels

o

Oh I Like!

o

I think they look perfect in your room! And that toothbrush holder was a great find too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here