Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any mop to recommend to clean tile and laminate floors?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 19:36

What mop can you recommend to clean the laminate floor and tile floor in the bathrooms?

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any mop to recommend to clean tile and laminate floors?

I've had laminate for over 10 years and use a sponge mop. I recently bought a Shark steam mop and use it on the laminate as well (although the mfr. said not to) and also use it on tile floors. I'm happy with it.

o

Unfortunately, a sponge mop or Swiffer will move the dirt and grit around and get trapped in the grout lines. Use only a string mop and change any dirty or even cloudy water. If the final wash isn't with clear water, you'll get hazing on ceramic tile. A swiffer is probably OK for laminate...

This post was edited by StoneTech on Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 11:00

o

I also like my steam mop very much for tile, although I have a haan and not a shark. No hazing.

o

Thank you very much for all the responses above.

Meek95 and writersblock, what are your Shark and Haan steam mops' models? I saw Haan models have good reviews, can yours be used to clean laminate floor?

Really appreciate your help.

o

I went ahead and got the SI-75, since it claimed the floor is almost dry after using it. It is, for sure, if you follow the directions (change the pad when it gets soaked). I don't have any laminate flooring, so I can't really speak from experience about that. If you can wet mop it I would think it would be okay, but that's just a guess.

o

Thank you so much for the helpful information, writersblock. You got the latest model, which is so versatile.

o

Hmph, I guess I shouldn't have said anything about the haan. The first one I got failed after about two days of use and was replaced. I've had the replacement about four months with no problems and I've faithfully followed all their instructions and used the little cleaning packet as directed, but today the new one started dribbling hot water instead of steam. So I guess I would say to get a steam mop, but not a haan.

o

Writersblock, thank you so much for the update, which is very helpful. I'll get a steam mop with good reviews, but not a haan.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here