Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Builder with a sense of humor

Posted by nhbaskets (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 18:59

We are in the process of building a new home (actually, it's a spec home that we were able to customize to our needs). Last Wednesday we stopped by and I noticed that the pipe for where the hand shower will be was 9" taller than I could reach. We emailed the builder and asked to have it moved down, saying I would need a stool to reach it in its current location. This afternoon we stopped by again and found this note for the plumber. I was amused and pleased that he was listening.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Builder with a sense of humor

It sounds like you get along well with your builder - nice!

Now - I'm sure you've been told this before, but before they close in those walls, be sure that you walk through the house and take pictures of every wall. I thought people were crazy to insist that I do that, but the pictures really have been helpful.

o

I wish I could read his hand-writing - what does it say?

o

Please (plz) short buyer (?)

o

I think you've got it :-) thanks for the translation!

o

Yes, it's ...please, shorter buyer. Why do they install everything so high? So glad I caught it. Insulation is being inspected tomorrow, then they will be sheet rocking. DH has asked repeatedly to go by once inspection is done so he can take pictures of everything. I'm sure they will come in handy at some point in time.

o

Why would the pipe for a hand shower be up high? Ours is about 3 feet off the floor. The hand shower is on a bar, so it can be placed at the high you need. Having the piping down lower means you have enough hose to be able to rinse out the walls. If the hose attaches at 71" you have a tougher time using it to rinse off the walls.

o

deke--hand shower is also main shower head, which is why it's at that height. The hose is 60+ inches. No problem with rinsing down walls.

This is a photo of my current shower. Will have same configuration.

photo 55e9cd79fff4280f4e7997128bd59388.jpg

o

Ah, I didn't realize you were having only one shower head.

o

Before you take the pictures of walls before insulation/drywall, write in Sharpie the measurements on the 2X4's etc., ie blocking 28" from edge of wall etc. MY DH wrote everything down in a book, great idea, but he can't find the book! I took the pics, but have to be a detective to figure out actual locations from using landmarks in the photos! LOL As a consequence he missed the blocking by 1/4" when installing towel warmer....ARGGHH!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here