Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color is your tub, sink, toilet?

Posted by cruzinpattis (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 18:49

Having a hard time deciding on bathroom color.
Right now I have American Standard Bone which is dated.
They now offers Linen.

Kohler has Biscuit, Honed White, Dune and Sea Salt..Hard to tell the difference on line.
Haven't looked on line at any other brand.

Do like white but prefer a softer shade.
Color scheme that I am going for is beachy.
Soft white, light beige, blues and gray.

If you care to upload pictures of your bathroom to get ideas, that would be cool!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color is your tub, sink, toilet?

Beachy? If you can, put beadboard wainscoting up; nice blue for the wall above the wainscoting; white toilet/tub/sink. And always only white towels!

o

go with white plumbing fixtures (white or honed) which never go out of style and use paint and accessories for the beachy feel. You might tire of "beachy" in a few years.

I attached a link to a random sink that may give you a better feel of the colors next to each other.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some kohler colors

o

White!

o

Cotton white or Colonial white. No color toilet is going to be a predictably good choice as trends come and go. Should I tell you about the 1950's house I bought 20 years later that had a groovy pink toilet? I bet it looked really neat at some time. I think I still have my avocado-colored blender up in the attic somewhere, too.

o

Quintessential Cape Cod Bathroom: white beadboard wainscoting; soft lighter blue or green walls, or blue/green; white fixtures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cape Cod Bathroom

This post was edited by Tibbrix on Fri, Feb 7, 14 at 16:01

o

Seems white is the choice.

Here is a link to a blog I wrote with pictures of bathrooms that I like.

http://pleasingbathrooms.blogspot.com/

Can you tell me which one you like the best.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathrooms that I Love

o

First of all, all companies have a slightly different white. Some are softer some are harsher. Secondly, white is 90 percent of the market and will offer you the most choices. You can try to find biscuit color, which used to be very popular a few decades ago but now not so much. Good luck!

o

From your pics, it looks like you are after a natural beach "beachy" look, not a "beachy" nautical or cape look. With that in mind, White is always a classic. Kohler's Sea Salt & Dune look like they would fit the bill nicely. Not so sure on Kohler's Honed White (online)--it didn't appear as soft a white as sea salt and dune. AS's linen looked a little too dark (online) IMO.

Hope that helps!

o

I wish the previous owners had gone with basic white when they built this house. I'm remodeling the master bathroom and have to throw out a perfectly good toilet and bidet, that are only 12 years old, because they used the biscuit color and it just doesn't go with the new colors we are using. You can't go wrong if you stick with white.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here