Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about AO Catarina?

Posted by dhuston (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 18:44

Can this tile be cut down to a smaller size? I am going to use the 12x12 for the bathroom floor bu want something smaller for the shower floor. I know they make the mosaic but at 12 bucks a sq ft I was hoping I could cut the 12x12 down to some 3x3 tiles or something. If that can't be done can anyone tell me how close of a match is it to real marble? I can get some 4x4 carrera tile for 7 bucks a sq ft would i look ok right next to the AO catarina?

Also, any thought on real marble for shower floor?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about AO Catarina?

I would just use the catarina mosaic.

o

Yes, you can cut it down. With a good blade on the wet saw it will look better than the mosaic they provide. It's not hard, but it takes time and you will need to set up a jig to make sure they are all consistently sized.

o

I was wondering the same thing!
I just saw a post by Tharonk where she posted a herringbone floor in 6x12. We are planning on using the AO 12x12 for a small bathroom floor. I was wondering if I cut the 12x12 down can I get a similar look?

If not I will use the 12x12 in a running bond pattern.

PPS7- I love how your floor came out. How is the tile holding up after all this time? Cleanup? Do you have to mop a lot?
And what color grout and spacing did you use on main floor with the 12 x12. Looks like it is a tight grout line.

Thanks so much!

From TemporaryItems

o

I just happen to find this picture of the 12 x 12 American Oleon Catarina tiles installed in Kitchen and Bath Ideas Magazine ,Page 127 April 2012.
Looks very nice!Sorry for the bad picture, it was from my phone.

From TemporaryItems

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here