Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toe Kick - What is This?

Posted by Fripp_07 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 18:42

Please help me out here. Just had new cabinets installed and when sweeping the floor I noticed this seemingly seepage at the toe kick. The corner seam appears to have come apart. Could I have a leak?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toe Kick - What is This?

If this is a vanity I would check the plumbing for any leaks. Could also be dampness, are these particleboard cabinets?

o

Yes it is a bathroom vanity. The inside cabinets and pipes do not show any signs of leaking or dripping. The cabinets are KraftMaid and presumably particle board with veneer.

o

You could try putting some tissue paper along the toe kick. Then use the sink. If it gets wet, you have a leak.

o

could the floor have been wet when they installed the cabinet? Looks like the stain could have bled onto the tile and the water soaked into the vanity (if you don't find evidence of a leak now).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here