Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ordering a mirror online

Posted by marys235 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 18:41

Has anyone ever ordered a mirror from Wallmirrorstogo.com? I currently have a 65x40 vanity mirror that goes almost wall to wall (vanity is in an alcove). I was thinking of taking it down, having the width cut down about 10 inches, and getting it framed, so I could put light sconces on each side (currently just have recessed lighting in the ceiling). Also, I need to move it up anyway because I am putting in a 6" backsplash, and currently it is resting on the 4" backsplash. I like having a large mirror, and I just have one sink, so don't want to put 2 smaller mirrors up. Anyway, I priced a frame from MirrorMate for about $200, then saw this mirror for only $217. Not sure about ordering such a large mirror, and never heard of this company, has anyone else done this?

Here is a link that might be useful: Wall Mirror

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ordering a mirror online

Watch out for shipping charges.

Very large items go motor freight, in a large crate for protection.

Motor freight delivery is not nearly as nice as the UPS ma.

You often have to get the item off the trailer, and they only allow about 30 minutes before charging extra.

No walk way, so if you do not have a loading dock the trailer floor is around 5 feet above the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here