Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jodokus

I can't decorate to save my life -- need your bathroom ideas

jodokus
11 years ago

I've posted a picture that exactly mimics the layout of my disgusting little bathroom that sprung a leak and now needs stuff replaced that I can't afford to replace. The photo isn't my bathroom -- just the layout is the same.

First of all, I'm having a devil of a time finding a flat-sided 30" vanity at a reasonable price that will fit up against the wall. So many vanities now are furniture style with mouldings that just won't work. The vanity has to be flat on the side so it will sit flush with the wall. I did find one vanity that would work okay and was priced reasonably, but it is a cream color, and my toilet, tub, and paint trim are all stark white. Would the cream cabinet look bad with the white? I'm especially worried because the cabinet is perpendicular to the white door (about 2 inches separation.)

I saw some kashmir white granite that I really like, so I'm thinking of going with that for a top. I like light colors.

What floor tile would you suggest that would go with kashmir white granite vanity top?

Unfortunately, I can't replace the tub or tile around it as that's just not in the budget right now, so that will have to be done later. Is it hard to replace a tub down the road without having to again replace the floor?

I'd like the wall color to be a nice spa-like blue or bluish grey or bluish greenish grey.

I'm basically asking you to design a bathroom for me. I couldn't design anything to save my life. I have no talent for it and always make mistakes that I later regret. I can't visualize anything! This is why I'm so worried about the cream cabinet with everything else being white!

HELP! Thank you!

This post was edited by Jodokus on Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 18:48

Comments (4)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler