Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master Bath reveal...lots of pics!

Posted by ssg7741 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 18:37

I seldom post but I spend plenty of time on these boards and want to thank everyone here for all the knowledge you continue to impart. What a wonderful resource GW is for those of us who love to remodel, rebuild and redecorate! So glad I found this forum.

We bought my parents' home about three years ago and have been remodeling ever since. Built in 1980 it has a wonderful floor plan...just needed some updating. We rebuilt the master bath last fall and love every bit of it. My husband did all the carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, etc. - I think I'll keep him!

We took out one of two walk in closets (moved my husband's clothes into built-ins in the MBR), removed the old tub, and opened it up considerably. We love looking out to the back yard - it's completely private so we decided against window coverings.

Before - the original double vanity has been replaced by a built-in dresser.

photo IMG_2326_zps29ac79f7.jpg

The old bathtub and toilet were in a separate compartment

photo IMG_2327_zps3479f47b.jpg

The shower had its own little room, too...

photo IMG_2429_zps3d4cfe27.jpg

After...

photo IMG_3146_zps74333f39.jpg

photo IMG_3133_zps44bcc379.jpg

The window that had been above the tub is now in the shower. We took a picture to the artist and had it sandblasted...so happy with the result!

photo IMG_3134_zps6a540a84.jpg

photo IMG_3135_zps04e87d12.jpg

We added storage cabinets (made by DH) in the WC to replace a linen closet we are removing from the hall in preparation for our kitchen remodel later this year.

photo IMG_3143_zpsc09d6e92.jpg

Closeup of the Margaux faucet...

photo IMG_3139_zpse06a7ae7.jpg

This corner cab houses our electric toothbrushes - nice to have them out of sight.

photo IMG_3138_zps3c029db3.jpg

Enjoy!

Counters - Pacific Pearl marble, honed
Fabricator - GM Marble, Concord, CA
Cabinets - Custom, by Pritzkow Cabinets, San Ramon, CA
Drawer Pulls - Schaub Select 703PN Polished Nickel; Belmont Hardware, Walnut Creek, CA
Fan - Panasonic FV-20NLF1 Whisper Line 240 CFM Exhaust Fan; bought from Faucet Direct
Fan and Light Timer - Lutron MA-T51 Maestro Countdown
Faucets - Kohler Margaux; bought from Faucet Direct
Hand Towel Bars - Newport Brass 36-09 Keaton 8" curved towel bar; bought from Faucet Direct
Sandblasted Window - Custom, Lost Art Stained Glass Works, Pleasant Hill, CA
Mirrors - Channing Mirror, Williams Sonoma
Paint - Walls - Sherwin Williams Warm Stone; Trim & Ceiling - Kelly Moore Navajo White
Sconces - Visual Comfort Single Sconce Polished Nickel SS2011PN-FG
Shower - Hansgrohe 04220 C Thermostatic Valve and 28504 Raindance S Hand Shower Polished Nickel; bought from Faucet Direct
Shower Door - Frameless Door with Starfire Glass by All American Glass, San Ramon, CA
Sinks - Kohler K-2336 Devonshire 20" Undermount; bought from Faucet Direct
Tile Backsplash - Seagrass limestone honed 2x2s plus pencil; all tile - Western Tile, Dublin, CA
Tile Floor - Seagrass limestone honed 12x24
Tile Shower Floor - Basketweave Mosaic Honed Seagrass Limestone and Onyx
Tile Shower Walls - Jeffrey Court Classical Ivory Honed 9x18
Toilet - Toto Promenade CST424EFG-01; bought from Faucet Direct
Towel Stand - Newbury Towel Stand, Polished Nickel; Restoration Hardware
Towels - 1888 Mills; Amazon. Best towels ever!

Let me know if you have questions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master Bath reveal...lots of pics!

Beautiful! Love your faucet!

o

That is AWESOME! Keep that husband. I didn't know Williams Sonoma had mirrors....just kitchen stuff. Beautiful combinations.

-Babka

o

Wonderfully warm and sophisticated. You must be in heaven. Your floor is just beautiful in the first "after" picture.

o

Beautiful! I live in the area (Fairfield - right where 680 meets 80) and am curious where you got all of your beautiful stone?

o

Serious wow stuff. I bow to fellow DIYers!

Always ;-)
Hunzi

o

Very nice, love the floor.

Sidnee

o

It's fantastic. So glad you posted a picture with the mirrors. I bought one similar but it's still not up. In fact, it's still in the box. It's nice to get an idea of what it will look like.

o

Beautiful space! :) I would love to get ready there each day, and the view is gorgeous.

o

Beautiful! I love the creamy tones of the marble counters and limestone floor with the dark cabinets! And that vanity space--gorgeous! Enjoy!

o

Magnificent! Love everything.

o

Very nice job!

o

Thanks for all the wonderful comments! We are thrilled with the outcome.

kailuamom - We got all the stone at Western Tile in Dublin...they have another store in Concord. Great service and pricing...wonderfully run, family owned. The limestone is by Marble Systems and the color is either Seagrass or Olive Green...the two are often used interchangeably.

o

It is gorgeous and I love the improved use of space. I'm sure you will enjoy being able to see outside as you get ready every day! Great job and thanks for posting the details/sources.

o

Wow, what a gorgeous transformation! I love what you've done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here