Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone use porcelain faux wood tiles?

Posted by tricia257 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 17:48

I love the look of wood floors mixed with white cabinetry, but I have kids and real wood is out of the question.

Has anyone used the fake wood porcelain tiles? Are you happy with the result? I have wood floors in the hall outside the bath but its covered by a rug there for the most part.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone use porcelain faux wood tiles?

We used them in a small hearth area where we didn't want any change in height or appearance from the white oak floors. They look great and have held up very well for about 7 years so far.

o

One of my favorites on here is Elphaba's bathroom where she used them.

Here is a link that might be useful: An example

o

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize how popular they were.

o

We used it in our guest house and are happy with it. See link below. We used the 8" wide in the two different lengths and laid it out in a random pattern.

Note: I have kids and animals and have always had real, site finished oak wood floors in my kitchens and throughout the house. Never had problems with real wood.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cerdomus Barrique

o

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0420591618410.html7

We put it in last year, and love it! Here is my original post

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg0420591618410.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here