Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom fan placement question

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 16, 12 at 17:45

Hello,

We are in the process of remodeling a 10x10 bath. We have the Panasonic Whisper Fit 110 CFM fan with light.
We want to put the fan in the ceiling above the shower, which will have an 8 ft ceiling with an arched opening. The bathroom proper will have a 9 ft ceiling. I would like to have a beautiful ceiling light in the bathroom but do you all think the fan being placed in the shower alcove will be able to clear the rest of the room effectively? I'm not going to get DH to put another fan in so what are the opinions out there, please. Would a bigger CFM fan be better?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom fan placement question

the 110 CFM should be adequate, but if you are putting it over the shower, check to make sure that it is connected to a GFCI.

o

Any other thoughts/opinions on this?

o

If you are concerned about having adequate lighting, I would put in a fan without a light and install separate light fixtures (perhaps two 4-inch recessed lights in the shower).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here