Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lbgary

Almost finished!

lbgary
16 years ago

This is more of an experiment in posting photos than anything else, since the room isn't quite finished and I couldn't seem to find a good angle to shoot from, but here goes anyway. Sorry I forgot to rotate the shower image.

{{gwi:1399284}}

{{gwi:1399285}}

{{gwi:1399286}}

Comments (18)

• organic_donna
    16 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the vanity and sinks and double mirrors. The tiles are beautiful. Great job.
    Donna

• budge1
    16 years ago

WOW!! Double wow even. If you had described that to me in words, I would have said totally not my style - but I love it! That shower looks like stepping into a cool pond. Floor is wonderful and vanity and sinks and mirror work beautifully together.

Glad you figured out the pic posting so we could enjoy.

• bonnieg011
    16 years ago

That is so beautiful. Can't wait to see more. Of course it makes me second think all of my choices as your room is just so light and airy.

• sheltieche
    16 years ago

Very elegant! Love it.

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Please share info about the cabinets--they look like handmade cherry? The pulls are so simple and clean, too--very function-as-form :). The glass tile on the shower floor is beautiful. Is it slippery? The tile on the main floor is just beautiful. Please share info about that as well-is it slate or porcelain?

Were you the person who was writing about Kohlers being uneven on the bottom? Kohler should see your pic. You could probably white-caulk that and disguize the gap a bit more...if you're interested in trying to do that...

• mrslimestone
    16 years ago

Very soothing and spa like. And Im totally jealous of all those big drawers in your vanity. Dreamy!

• brutuses
    16 years ago

beautiful

• lbgary
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Flyleft - the vanity is beech. I was looking for some nice maple for the face frame, couldn't find any, but there was a big stack of beech. Easy to machine, nice warm color. The pulls are very nice (Sugatsune) and expensive. They are what I call "faceted", with 3 planes of alternating brushed/polished stainless steel. The glass tile being slippery doesn't seem to be a problem, with all the grout lines for traction. Haven't used the shower much, since the sinks aren't yet functional. Waiting for replacement from Kohler for the one on the right. It's just too warped for me. The floor is 18 x 18 porcelain tiles. Gary

• monicakm_gw
    16 years ago

Wowza! It's all very soothing and clean (as in clean lines). That shower is a thing of beauty as are those great sinks. how wide are they? LOVE that! Can't wait to see what faucets you chose. As mommielady would say "loverly!" :)
    Monica

• mahatmacat1
    16 years ago

Ah--beech! It didn't really look like cherry to me, from the grain, but didn't even occur to think of beech. Beautifully done, just beautiful.

Thanks for the information the Sugatsune pulls--always like to keep a file of beautiful pulls in my mind.

-----------

Yikes--just saw the price on those Sugatsune--you weren't kidding! They're truly the jewelry of the room :)

• MariposaTraicionera
    16 years ago

Beautiful bathroom! What's the brand/colour is your floor tile? It looks very familiar.

• dgmarie
    16 years ago

Wow!

but I have to ask, won't those big, top mounted sinks totally reduce the useable surface of the counter?

• MongoCT
    16 years ago

Nice work Gary!

Yup, the Memoirs on the right has got to go. It's too distracting.

• lbgary
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Love those compliments! Monica, I added a photo of one of the faucets (Kohler Bancroft). DGMarie, yes the sinks do take up most of what would have been counter space, but it may limit our tendency to clutter up horizontal surfaces. As to the floor tiles, I don't remember the maker or name of the tiles, but I think there are quite a few makers of large mottled gray porcelain tiles out there. {{gwi:1399287}}
    {{gwi:1399288}}

• lbgary
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The sinks are 30 inches wide. On the faucets, I will mount them without the escutcheon plates when they are actually installed. The floor tiles are Italian. I found the box, it says Supergres.com. I don't know what they call the color. Gary

• kgwlisa
    16 years ago

It looks really great! Not much to add except to suggest that you take the escutcheon off of your faucet. I think it looks a lot cleaner without it and it's a great monoblock look. It's really meant to hide the extra holes if you have a centerset faucet, but since you have the single hole I think the cleaner look would look better. I know they come with the plate installed but if you check the directions it should be easy to remove. Here's what it looks like without it:

{{gwi:1399289}}

There's room for some stuff on the top of the sinks too. It's really a beautiful bathroom! I love the frames on the mirrors (in addition to everything everyone else commented on).

• kgwlisa
    16 years ago

our posts crossed. I see you already realize you can take the plates off. Glad to hear it :)

• oldhometara
    16 years ago

Beautiful bathroom! The shower tiles are stunning, and the sinks/vanity look very nice. I have the same Kohler faucets in our new bathroom and like them a lot.
    Great job!