Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Depth and Height over toilet cabinet

Posted by gardenspice (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 24, 09 at 17:29

We are having a cabinet built to go over our toilet. (Not my favorite idea either, but we really don't have many options in this bathroom.)
Can anyone advise me on the depth of their over toilet cabinet and the distance to the floor and or distance to the toilet tank from the bottom of the cabinet?
I had an over the toilet cabinet in my last house and somehow we managed life without banging our heads, but I guess I'm paranoid!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Depth and Height over toilet cabinet

Hey there, new person chiming in.

We have one over our toilet in one of our tiny bathrooms. It's 50 1/2" from floor to bottom of the cabinet,19" from top of toilet tank to bottom of the cabinet, and is only 4 7/8" in depth.

No injuries to date!

o

59.5 from the floor 39.5 from the seat and 13" out from the back wall. Yep hubby cracked his head one time but not since. I am going to eliminate this cabinet an do something with the side walls and a recessed cabinet this time. Think I will use the back wall for framed art or crazy fancy sconce. Kind of a surprize when you come around the corner.

o

We mounted our 9" deep medicine cabinet over the toilet.. 50" or so from the floor. Neither of us have bonked our heads on it, but I have managed to leave the "tip down/out" cabinet door at the bottom open, and stood up under it. No pain, just felt silly LOL.

o

Thnk you al for the answers!

JJaazzy - that is what I was afraid of, so I'll definitely not go normal depth.

You guys are great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here