Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small City Contemporary Bath Remodel

Posted by cheryl444 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 17:25

Hi Friends,

You've all been so helpful throughout the process of our master bath remodel, I thought I'd share some pics from the whole process. The whole project cost about $15k. Enjoy.

Cheryl

Here is a link that might be useful: Contemporary Small Bathroom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small City Contemporary Bath Remodel

Hi,
This looks great - looks like you had some babysitting to do. How frustrating - but a wonderful result.

o

Thank you, try-it! Yes, a frustrating ending to the project, but we're happy with our new master bath overall.

o

Looks great!

Can you tell us what faucet is used for the sink?

o

Faucet is Graff. Cost: $115. Love it, although it gets water stains much more than our other chrome faucets.

o

Love it! Can you tell me the names of the tiles?

o

Love the wall behind toilet. I hadn't thought of something like that. Looks great.

o

Very nice! I like how the shower niche wraps around the corner. The tile wall behind the toilet is striking. Makes the toilet look like a work of art (whodathunk such a thing was possible?).

o

I like the shower doors. Very nice!

o

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing the photos.
Renee

o

The 6x24 grey tile in the shower area (and behind the toilet) is "Layers Sediment" - "an Italian tile made in the US".

The tile on the floor is 13" square tile called "Bamboo Grey". In pictures it looks like just plain white tile, unfortunately.

Toilet is dual-flushing Kohler K-3654 (list price: $375.20). I got it at Home Depot along with a matching slow-closing lid. Love both.

o

Bathroom looks great! Can you provide details on the floor tile in the shower? From the photos, it looks dark blue/gray. Is that an accurate description?

o

Shower floor is an inexpensive fake marble mosaic tile. It's black/very dark gray with a subtle texture. Love it. Doesn't show dirt like our old white floor did. We used the same color grout as on the walls and bathroom floor.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picking out Tile

o

Really like your new bathroom and the tile is really super. Thanks for sharing.

o

Cheryl,

The link you provided takes me to my own shutterfly homepage and I cannot see any pics of your tile. Like you, I live in the Chicago area. Do you happen to recall where you purchased it and the manufacturer/model of the tile?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here