Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom design

Posted by azpen (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 12 at 17:17

I'm remodeling my two baths that are back to back so I have some room to change things around. Currently my master bath only has a shower and I'm thinking of adding a separate bath tub to it. However, that means taking some space out of the guest/future kids bath. I wouldn't hesitate at all if we don't use the guest bath so much, but it is closest to the kitchen/dining/living area which means it gets used a lot. Currently there's room for a double sink, but expanding the master bath means no more of that. FYI we have no third bath. So what do you think, is a separate bath and shower really desirable in the master bath? We don't really take baths but it might be nice to have the option in the future. We do plan to stay in the house for a while, but it never hurts to think about resale value too.

Any other comments about the layout are welcome too! Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: layout drawing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom design

"We don't really take baths "

Then no, it's not worth it. Put a nicer tub in the 2nd bath that can serve as a shower bath and you'll have one in the house if needed. But unless you are a regular bather, it's not worth 20K just to put a tub in a bath that will never get used. (15K average bath remodel + minimum 5K for structural and plumbing changes)

o
RE: Bathroom design

Thank you for weighing in! Money may not be a big issue but it's still not worth it if we never use it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here