Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help for tiny bath..how close can vanity be to shower glass?

Posted by raehelen (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 17:13

Closing in on final decisions to be made with the complete gut and reno of our tiny Master bath. ~5 X 9, so want to cram vanity as close as possible to shower glass. Original idea was to have pony wall with custom glass wall above, but budget has since determined that buying pre-made glass doors is more cost-effective. How close have you placed your vanity to a glass (fixed side obviously next to vanity) shower? DH is thinking we could 'hide' bottom part of glass with either paint or etching before we install vanity. Cuz no matter how tight I squeeze, dust, bits etc will accumulate over time, (as in slide in stove and cupboards in kitchen- but there what I don't see, doesn't bother me), is enough space for a swiffer good enough, or does it have to be 2-3"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help for tiny bath..how close can vanity be to shower gl

Minimum code requirement is **4 inches, which makes functional sense because you need to be able to reach down and retrieve something that falls there.

If you created a pony wall that was slightly taller and deeper than the vanity and put the shower glass on That , you could butt the vanity right up to the pony wall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here