Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jrueter_gw

Getting ready to pull the trigger on MBR - wish me luck!

jrueter
10 years ago

So between work, health issues and money, we had to put off redoing the MBR last year. Now things seem to have stabilized and DH figured that we can swing the finances, so I can get excited about redoing our MBR!!!

Currently the MBR is plenty big, but fixtures are really dated and/or beginning to fail. Toilet was replaced a few years ago to Toto Drake (cant remember if I or II, but it is fine and will stay), but everything else is original to the 1984 build. We have a 84" double vanity, a toilet room and a giant garden tub/shower combo with sliding doors. And lots of cultured marble.

I would like a soft grey or taupe painted vanity with either marble (calacatta?) or charcoal granite or soapstone. Maybe hex or herringbone tile/marble floor, wood wainscotting, simple white tile in shower with maybe a grey cut pebble floor. We will probably skip replacing the tub as neither of us are big bath fans, and there is a tub in the other upstairs bathroom if needed.

Really considering a steam shower as DH likes to take LOOOOONNNGGG steamy showers and CA is enduring another horrible drought (although raining this weekend, yeah!)

I am thinking I might take advantage of the rainy weekend to do some planning. Any advice/encouragement? I am not a total novice as we redid the kitchen to the studs (with gw help, of course) a few years ago.

Comments (3)