Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
towel warmer, can't find one that fits under the window

Posted by Matsutake (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 17:05

I am looking for a shiny hardwired, electric towel warmer powerful enough to provide some heat in the room, that is relatively wide and squat. It's been two days now that I have been scraping the corners of the web and it seems like they are all tall ... I've looked at Runtal, Myson, and others with no luck. Ideally it would be 19 inches or less tall and 50-60 inches wide (I have more flexibility with the length). The window is 32 inches above the floor, but once you count baseboard and sill, I have 19 inches to play with.... argh.

I was hoping to stay away from floor mounted.

Anyone have any suggestions?

This post was edited by Matsutake on Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 17:06

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: towel warmer, can't find one that fits under the window

I suspect it's hard to find because, once you mount the towel warmer on the wall, it's only 12" off the floor which isn't much space to hang a towel. Mine is the size of a bath towel folded in half, so when I hang the towel, it gets the whole thing warm.

In my mother's old bathroom she had a wall hung electric heater and her regular towel bar was over it...it kept any towels she hung on the bar nice and toasty.

o

This company has some pretty small ones. I thought perhaps the swivel ones might work, if you could mount beside the window (the mounting piece is larger than your space) but the warmer bars then swivel into place under the window. But they also have custom made ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: custom towel warmers

o

I would like to see some Amba towel warmers in person but cannot find any information on dealer showrooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here