Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Master bath done

Posted by skeetie219 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 17:03

The master bath is done...just working on minor details e.g. window treatments. So my question now is what do I clean the stone inside the shower with? Any suggestions for the tile pros? It is honed and filled tumble marble which was sealed after it was installed. I've notice some of the grout on the shower floor is getting a bit pinkish color from the soap build, I want to make sure I clean it with the correct stuff.
Thanks to all the GW members on advice, opinions, and past experiences.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Master bath done

What a pretty space! I especially like the tall backsplash and the furniture style vanity.

o

Can't help with cleaning question, but just wanted to say how pretty your bathroom turned out. Love the wallpaper, too.

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 11:27

o

Beautiful job!! Could you provide list of products used? Vanity,tile, fixtures etc..Thx

o

What an elegant, pretty bathroom!

I've been using 7th Generation Disinfecting Bathroom Cleaner (spray bottle) to clean the various porcelain and stone tile tub or and shower surrounds, and the niche shelves (polished White Thassos shelves and side walls in the niches in all three bathrooms) with good results. It was one of the few (sealed) stone-friendly cleaners, that also disinfects, and removes soap scum (and the scent isn't annoying to me! LOL).

FWIW, I still use Lysol aerosol bathroom spray on the tubs. I still find it cuts through any scum that settles near the bottom of the tub walls over the course of a week (and we wipe the tubs out along with the walls, after every use).

o

Elegant is right! I love that paper on the walls. It is a beautiful bath retreat. How do you like your pocket doors?

o

Thanks everyone.... The wallpaper probably gave me the biggest angst to the entire project. Stay away from Pacific Designs paper, in any case if it wasn't for the fact I loved the paper some much I would have got something else.

Anyway, I like the pocket doors, it helps w maximizing space even the bathrm fairly roomy. But I love the large shower, and rainhead, countertop and water closet.

o

It's just lovely. Congratulations.

o

looks beautiful. What type of tiles did you use in the shower? I'm using a pocket door on my bath reno also. My space is much smaller than yours, so I'm looking forward to the added "roominess".

o

Very nice! What are the dimensions of your shower? It looks like a nice size without being huge and cold.

Love that paper too!

o

Tile is travertine, purchased from Best Tile a regional place in the northeast and east region.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here