Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what carrara floor pattern is better herringbone?

Posted by tharonk (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 12 at 16:53

I am remodeling my master bath. we just finished the tub surround and will be moving on to the floor next. I am going to buy carrara but cannot decide whether herringbone, 12 x12 offset or 6 x 12 offset would look better with the white subway tiles. It is not a big bath, only 100 sq. ft. The shower and toilet are in a separate area next to the vanity and would also have the floor run in there. I have links below to images of my bath tub, old vanity and carpeted bathroom and some inspiration photos that show the different floor styles. Could you help me decide what you think would be more timeless and go best with my new tub? I also plan on replacing the vanity with a carrara one.

image of new tub and old vanity: https://picasaweb.google.com/tknittle/February15201203

herringbone pattern: http://pinterest.com/pin/170573904606533193/

offset 6 x 12: http://pinterest.com/pin/170573904606561236/

offset 12 x12: http://pinterest.com/pin/170573904606561272/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what carrara floor pattern is better herringbone?

I wasn't able to open any of that...maybe try links again? My tilers just finished up with white subway walls and carrara basketweave floors and I was curious to see which floor tiles you're considering.

o

I was not able to open the bath tub, but I did open the floor pictures. I am putting down 12 x 12 faux marble :-) (vinyl tile) off set or running board, but I really like the way the 6 x 12 herringbone looks if you have a space large enough to show it off as seen in the pictures. I have looked at every marble floor on Houzz and I just like it laid any way other than stacked?

o

Thanks for your replys. I will try with the photos again. Here they are I hope.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Bathroom

o
Herringbone pattern

Here is the herringbone pattern.

Here is a link that might be useful: Herringbone bath floor

o
All the carrara photos for the floor

OK I am finally getting how to add the photos

Here is the offset 12 x 12 although it is hard to see

Source: houzz.com via Tharon on Pinterest

Here is the herringbone I love

Here is a 6 x 12 pattern but not in carrara

THis is a good image for the 6 x 12 marble but this is actually 8 x 12" marble. We are not doing this option because there is way more waste

o
pics of my bathroom in remodel

Here is a photo of the new tub surround and the existing room that still has carpet and the old vanity
February 15, 2012

https://picasaweb.google.com/tknittle/February152012?authuser=0&feat=directlink

o

Debra V I saw your photos in Your Clippings.. I like your bath tile and wall color. I am thinking of a gray or yellow wall color. I am wanting a gray and yellow bath. What gray did you use?

o

tharonk, I haven't finished yet, we are still at the completely gutted stage, you must have seen the clippings of two other baths on here that I love. I am going with the 3x6 white subway tile and in 4" border of carrara 1x2 mosaic about 2/3 up the wall. I too want a gray and yellow bathroom, but the color I really like is BM Gray Wisp. It literally is gray green blue! Just depends on which wall in which room. The two baths in my clippings, Pacific flights and Stephanie and Tim have this same paint color. My living room has my bathroom in it right now. I have all white cabinets, and a light gray granite top, plus the gray in the marble. I am thinking just a few accents of yellow, I am buttery yellow person. I saw your pics on Pin it, and the yellow and gray curtains with the yellow claw foot tub is fabulous. But the fabric is from the Uk and is about 70.00 USD yd. WOW
Also love your vanity, the richness of it will be lovely with yellow and gray.The tub and tile are wonderul, I can't wait to see the finished pictures.

o

Thanks Debra. I really wanted to do yellow valance in my bathroom but then I found this beautiful contrasting white and brown one at Tuesday Morning and I like it so much that now I am thinking of doing yellow on the walls with accents from decor in yellow. Thing is, I am not a fan of yellow and brown but I think there will be enough gray in the room with all the marble that the room will read as yellow and gray. I have seen gorgeous kitchen that use gray marble with dark brown accents that really look glamourous. I am not sure what vanity you saw but I posted the one I am considering the most in my pinterest. My current vanity is also dark brown but I don't like it...it was not well made and has a dark marble top that has not weathered well showing lots of water marks etc. I really want to do a honed marble top but your idea of the gray granite is something I will consider because our kitchen has granite and it has been wonderful. I like buttery yellow as well but if I end up with that color, I think I will need to change the valance. S

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here