Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fripp_07

Backsplash Remorse?

Fripp_07
11 years ago

This glass mosaic backsplash looked like a perfect compliment to my countertop on the sample sheet. I'm just not sure it works well with the Gaya quartzite countertop now that its been installed.

Comments (20)

• Fripp_07
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another view.

• Gina_W
    11 years ago

I think it works nicely and will look better once the mirror is in - what kind of mirror? Unframed or framed?

• Fripp_07
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Still on the fence about the mirror. But leaning toward an unframed full wall mirror since there is about three feet of counter space between the inside edges of the sinks. Plus I like the contemporary look of a full width mirror.

• Gina_W
    11 years ago

That's what I'm doing - also my sinks are the same as yours - Kohler Ladena?

• ellendi
    11 years ago

I like it. I think it blends well with the counter and the color of the cabinet. I think you will like it better when all the elements are installed.
    Right now you are concentrating too hard on the backsplash.

• momo48
    11 years ago

I think it ties the colors in the wood and the counter tops together nicely. I agree that you will like it when everything is finished.

• enduring
    11 years ago

I think the backsplash and the counter look good together. My DIL gave a suggestion to add a strip of the countertop above the mosaic, to tie it in.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

I think they look great together! Your backsplash has such a variety of colors in it...I really do love it! Get your mirror in and some accessories that compliment some of the other tones in your mosaic and it will come together beautifully.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

They look terrific together!!!!!

• terezosa / terriks
    11 years ago

Another thumbs up!

• Olychick
    11 years ago

I agree, it's all beautiful!

• Fripp_07
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the responses! I feel better about my decision now. I'm always second-guessing myself - a problem inherent being a Libra I guess...

Gina, the sinks are Ronbow.

• Gina_W
    11 years ago

BTW - are you a fan of Robert Fripp or is that your name?

• Olychick
    11 years ago

Perhaps it IS Robert Fripp :)

• Fripp_07
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No I am not Robert Fripp, but I am a fan. And a fan of Eno too! Fripp was my great grandmother's maiden name and I like it. In fact, I think I'll put on some Roxy Music now that you got me in the mood... Have a great weekend!

• sofla
    11 years ago

Once the mirrors, paint and accessories done it will pull together nicely. I always second guessed my decisions as it went in piece by piece but when pulled together it fell into place.

• cjarw
    11 years ago

I think it looks fabulous; it ties in with both the vanity and the counter beautifully. Those are gorgeous tiles!

And I think you should do an unframed wall mirror full-length and all the way to the ceiling. I did this in our bathroom and was shocked (in a good way) at how much difference the extra foot or so on top made to opening up the room and making it seem much more spacious. Mind you, I only have 8-foot ceilings - I don't know how it would look with higher ones.

• phiwwy
    11 years ago

I think it's very pretty. Any chance of finding a pencil strip that matches your counter, to top the backsplash?

• Gina_W
    11 years ago

"Perhaps it IS Robert Fripp :)" - LOL!

I'm going to the ceiling with my unframed mirror - within a few days I'll know how it looks and post a picture as well.

• sofla
    11 years ago

please post the pic of the mirror to ceiling as next week I'm getting measured for the mirror and don't want to mess this up.