Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which wall color matches light yellow wall tiles better?

Posted by janesylvia (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 16:40

I am considering BM yellow freeze (very light yellow) or frosty lime (very light green) or some other light color for the bathrooms. Master bathroom has the light gray marble like wall tiles. Hallway bathroom has the light yellow marble like wall tiles.

The interviewed contractor said it would not look good if I match yellow wall tiles with yellow walls. Was he right?

Thank you very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which wall color matches light yellow wall tiles better?

A light grey may look very nice in both bathrooms. It works well with yellow tile.

o

Yes, avoid matching! If it's a perfect color match, you don't notice the specialness of the tile. If it's a bit off, and it usually will be, then it looks like an oops.

o

I'm using gray walls with a yellow vanity and paler yellow ceiling, and the yellow looks great with the gray.

IMG_2437

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here