Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Need help with a tub -

flynnnj
11 years ago

I'm removing a whirlpool tub dating back to 1988. I just want a soaking tub, comfortable for someone only 5'2" -

I'm starting to feel like Goldilocks - this tub is too small, this one is too deep, this one is too narrow, this one is too expensive!

Many of the 60x30 tubs in the showrooms had shower doors on them - maybe that's why they felt too small and looked too much like a regular tub. I tried free standing tubs but they felt too deep and needed much more expensive faucets, parts, etc.

At Ferguson's I sat in a Bain Ultra with interior handles that felt great but the price for a soaking tub was high -

Someone told me about the Duravit Starck tub - 63" long and only 27 1'2" wide but the interior dimensions are actually wider than the Kohler Archer and other tubs I've seen. I really like the photos of the tub but can't find it anywhere to sit in it.

So here I am - needing any and all suggestions and advice. I can finally think about the tub now that the wallpaper has been removed - wow did that take a long time.

Comment (1)