Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with a tub -

Posted by flynnnj (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 16:13

I'm removing a whirlpool tub dating back to 1988. I just want a soaking tub, comfortable for someone only 5'2" -

I'm starting to feel like Goldilocks - this tub is too small, this one is too deep, this one is too narrow, this one is too expensive!

Many of the 60x30 tubs in the showrooms had shower doors on them - maybe that's why they felt too small and looked too much like a regular tub. I tried free standing tubs but they felt too deep and needed much more expensive faucets, parts, etc.

At Ferguson's I sat in a Bain Ultra with interior handles that felt great but the price for a soaking tub was high -

Someone told me about the Duravit Starck tub - 63" long and only 27 1'2" wide but the interior dimensions are actually wider than the Kohler Archer and other tubs I've seen. I really like the photos of the tub but can't find it anywhere to sit in it.

So here I am - needing any and all suggestions and advice. I can finally think about the tub now that the wallpaper has been removed - wow did that take a long time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with a tub -

What's to be gained by replacing this with a soaking tub? Why not just not use the jets if you don't want them?

Could you eat into the box behind the headrest for a longer tub?

Is width an issue? Ferguson (amongst others) has some nice 60x32 soaking tubs. (but I assume from your post you're looking for a narrow but roomy tub).

I've found every ultra-rectangular tub to be very uncomfortable - not enough backrest slope, a sharp corner where your head leans against that even a pillow/cushion can't easily help. The Duravits you mentioned look that way, except for the ones with round ends which could be nice I do like all the different sizes they offer, and their quality is first rate.

I don't like the 5' Archer either - so narrow inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here