Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bathroom sink quality

Posted by sloyd (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 16:03

How does one determine the quality of a sink? I see many contemporary square sinks, that are made by Scarabeo, Kraus, Bisonnett to name some. The Kraus is made in China, and the Scarabeo in Italy.

They all seem to look good online, and almost could be made by the same mfg company.
TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bathroom sink quality

I just bought a Kraus sink and it meets my standards. A vessel sink, it sits level on the vanity, no wobbling at all. The drain hole looked very smooth, and the drain mechanism sealed tightly. The glazing was even, no skips or pops. I set it in place so the logo doesn't show. I am very pleased with it.
Edited to add:
It drains well, even though the sink bottom is fairly flat.

This post was edited by mabeldingeldine on Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 14:34

o
RE: Bathroom sink quality

I haven't found country of manufacture to correlate with quality at all.

I've seen both cheap junk and great stuff that was made in the same country, be it China, Italy, USA, etc.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here