Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadey_gw

Back to that long walk to powder

shadey
10 years ago

I posted this question a few days ago and received some insightful responses, thank you! But at that time I was unable to upload a floor plan. I figured out how to do that (hope the quality is good enough to read, it's a snapshot) so here it goes again:

We are renovating a 1948 cape cod. It is smallish. The beauty if it is that all of the north facing walls include fabulous views of a lake.

We generally like the layout. Need to gut the kitchen/dining area to make a more functional kitchen/laundry and will combine living and formal dining.

There is 1 main floor bath. It is a nice enough bath but seems like a long way from the kitchen ... on the opposite side of the house. It is easily accessible to front hall, TV room, and foyer. The bedroom next to it will be sometimes occupied by a college student kid but hopefully vacant mostly (some guests). We are semi empty nesters and also have 2 beds and baths on the second floor.

So here's the question. Do I really need to add the powder room that you see on the plan, right near kitchen and laundry? I would rather use it for pantry space or desk space, but I am not used to going to the other side of the house to use the loo.

Not a big house ...
Thanks,
Shadey

Comments (4)