Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Countertop For Kids Bathroom?

Posted by Melissa-Kitchen (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 15:04

I am wondering what everyone would suggest as the best countertop for kids? I have three messy young boys who don't care one bit about spilling toothpaste everywhere so I am looking for something that will not stain. My husband prefers granite over quartz. I am open to your suggestions.

We'd be installing it on a white vanity.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Countertop For Kids Bathroom?

quartz

o

OK thanks for the input.

Melissa

o

Don't know if there is a best countertop as they each have pros and cons.

Black granite in our master bath. It handles everything like toothpaste, makeup, oils and lotions. Wipes up easily.

White laminate in the "kids" bathroom. This counter handles everything. Has lived through purple hair dying. Always has toothpaste, make up, etc. on it. Cleans up easily. If needed a little bathroom cleaner with bleach in it removes any stains.

White granite in kitchen. I constantly find dried spilled coffee, dried honey, etc. on the counter. Wipes up easily.

The white laminate looks the messiest as you can see everything on it. The blackish granite is better at hiding stuff. The kitchen white diamond granite is the best for hiding everything.

This post was edited by debrak2008 on Mon, Mar 3, 14 at 16:45

o

Solid surface outperforms any other top in a bath and when the kids beat it up it is completely renewable.

o

Check out Dekton, a new option by Cosentino, the company that makes Silestone. Extremely scratch resistant, durable and stain proof.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dekton counter info USA site

This post was edited by pentimento on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 16:18

o

Any concerns about curling irons or straighteners melting solid surface?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here