Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

It's the little details that make a difference!

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

I came across Designer Drains while surfing the Houzz website and thought I'd share here. I ended up ordering the Classic Scroll #4 in polished stainless for my shower. It was a hard decision as they have so many cool designs. For not much money, I figured it was a great way to add a little extra flair to my bath remodel!

www.designerdrains.com

Comments (22)

• prbetsi75
    10 years ago

These are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

• divotdiva2
    10 years ago

so much nicer looking than a standard round or square.

• gabbythecat
    10 years ago

I believe this is spam. ;-(

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, Gladys. If you read my other posts on these boards, you'll see I'm not a spammer.

• raehelen
    10 years ago

Neat idea! This will probably the next thing to filter down to the masses, ie HD! 7 years ago when we redid our flooring, it was very hard to find nice looking heat register covers. Now HD carries a variety of styles and materials and finishes.

Now, I'm going to keep my eye open for a fancy drain cover! LOL

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Jewel, I also thought it was a spam post, but I went to look at the website, and decided that even if it was, so be it - they're fantastic! (I also clicked on your name to see that you hadn't just registered)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Those are exquisite! I really like my linear drain, but if that had not been an option for me, you better believe that one of these fabulous covers would be on my shower floor. Thanks for the link! Here is a clickable one. ;-)

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautiful Drain Covers

• hunzi
    10 years ago

Jewel,

You are eeeeevvvvillll!

Here I am, trying to stick to a budget, and you have to go an post a link to this!

Those are fab. I wants it, precious. ;-)

Always ;-)
    Hunzi
    pretending she hasn't seen these

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So sorry, Hunzi!! :)

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Hunzi, your last line made me laugh!

• alex9179
    10 years ago

PELICANS! I want that one :)

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

I used one of their drains in our recent remodel also. I think I listed it in my list of suppliers a couple of months ago when I posted the reveal. Anyway, I chose the Nautilus, and I smile everytime I look down at my feet in the shower! Love it! The only problem was trying to decide which one to buy. My friend at work is remodeling her bath at her beach condo and chose the starfish. She can't wait until it's installed.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Ooooo Oooooh. You don't have to wait until you remodel. You can get them to fit your existing drain. And the also have fancy kitchen sink drains. Oh Dear Me, this is like discovering designer heat registers... My only other bathroom has a tub, darn it.

-Babka

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I totally forgot about the heat registers! Anyone have a good website to recommend for those?

• raehelen
    10 years ago

As mentioned in my first response, HD now carries quite a selection. I was lucky enough to get exactly the style I wanted in the finish I wanted in a pack of three for under $20 (I believe).

Here is a link that might be useful: Heat register covers

• msbubbaclees
    10 years ago

raehelen, I have that exact register cover in our guest bath! Oddly enough, I really enjoy seeing it every time I'm in there, it adds a nice touch.

• southofsa
    10 years ago

Those drain covers are very cool- thanks for posting- Lisa

• OldTimeCarpenter1
    10 years ago

$140.00 for a drain? Getouttahere! Nice that this forum attracts such nice rich people.

• jewelisfabulous
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That was one of the expensive ones. Did you look at the others that are lower priced?

• lee676
    10 years ago

See also this thread, esp. links to California Faucets' drains:

Here is a link that might be useful: elegant shower drains

• amberm145_gw
    10 years ago

I saw some for $55. Most around $75. Hey, if you're spending $10k+ to redo your bathroom (or $400k+ to build a whole house), what's another $75-150? I've saved way more than that just on minor tile changes.

Or, leave the BR as is and just replace the drain. :)

• chispa
    10 years ago

OldTimeCarpenter, we all choose different things to spend our money on and what we choose doesn't give you enough information for you to assume we are rich, average or poor. Do you drink and/or smoke? I do neither of those which leaves me with plenty to spend on drains!!