Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help for sink selection for wall mounted faucets

Posted by ctkathy (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 14:06

I have Waterworks Easton wall mounted faucets and the spouts reaches about 6 inches from the wall. I want a shallow vessel sink. If the vanity is 25" deep, then what size sink should I look for? It seems like it should be about 18" front to back, right?

I've seen pictures of some vessel sinks and wall mounted faucets and the sinks look like they are pushed way to the back and there is too much counter in front of the sink. I certainly don't want to do that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help for sink selection for wall mounted faucets

I put a handblown glass vessel sink in my new bath and after about 9 mo or so it cracked. No one would accept responsibility for it and I wasn't going to pay for another, just to have it crack again. (artist said it was installed too tightly, plumber said it couldn't have been any looser or it would have leaked...yada yada.) Since I'd designed everything in that bath to go with the sink, including the wall mounted faucets, and the original sink was quite shallow and not too large, I had a HECK of a time finding a replacement. But I finally found this one and I love it. I love it more than the original sink because it doesn't show water spots like the glass did. I like that it's only 3.5" deep and can also be installed semi recessed if you need it lower. It's 16.9" in diameter.

Here is the original, so you can see placement. I don't have a photo of the new one in place but will post a retailer pic. Don't know if it might work for you.

Cabinet detail cvg fir photo Cabinetdetail.jpg

My counter is deeper than this one, but I don't remember the depth - not too deep. I can't measure right now but if this interests you, I can measure and take a photo of it in place.

Here is a link that might be useful: Round vessel sink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here