Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Restoration hardware faceuts, showers plumbing

Posted by Renovamama (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 13:59

Hello All. We are in the midst of a gut remodel of our home, and coming down to the wire on plumbing fixture selections.

I love the Restoration Hardware lines of faucets, shower/tub fixtures and accessories (Asbury and Dillon in particular), and am considering a coordinated line in Polished Nickel for each of 3.5 baths. Does anyone have any experience with these fixtures long term - especially shower valves? Are they are as durable and hardy as Symmons, Kohler etc.?

I am also considering using the RH Gramery washstand console sink in the powder room. Does anyone have a picture they can post of it installed - is it chunky-looking in reality (they do not have it in showroooms) or is it elegantly proportioned? Some RH products are very large feeling, and my powder room is quite small.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Restoration hardware faceuts, showers plumbing

Asbury in polished nickel is what I have in my bath. Shoot me.

The fixtures seem OK--they are made by Newport Brass. The finish is a wrist-slasher. Polished nickel is a "living" finish, which is a marketing word for "tarnishing." We wipe it dry with every use and it still develops ugly brown spots and water marks, and must be polished, yes, like gram ma's silver, every week. A full on application of polish that is allowed to dry and then needs to be hand buffed.

Some manufacturers apply a somewhat helpful protective coating to PN finishes. Whatever coating is applied to the Asbury, it's useless. Do not get it in PN no matter what.

o

Agree with Marcolo -- the PN turns dark and needs to be continually wiped and polished.
I have the Gramercy washstand and I like the shape and contour of it very much.

But I would not buy anything from Restoration Hardware now that I have experienced their horrible customer service. See the thread about my mirror delaminating.

o

I have the Bistro sink faucets, tub filler and shower fixtures in ORB and BN. We haven't experienced any trouble. Neither are a living finish and still look great after 6.5 years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here