Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mabeldingeldine_gw

matching caulk to grout

mabeldingeldine_gw
11 years ago

We are planning to use Laticrete Spectralock grout in Silver Shadow to grout or new tile shower. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find Laticrete caulk locally. I have found some Mapei Silver. Can anyone tell me if this will look close enough to work in a white shower? Or should we switch to Mapei grout?

Many thanks!

Comments (5)

• enduring
    11 years ago

I ordered my Silver Shadow caulk from this website, that Laticrete has linked to the Laticrete site. There are a couple of online links on the Laticrete site but the page is hard to find for me so I saved the address to the company I used and here it is:

http://www.tilestoreonline.com/

They are quick, and did a fabulous job of packing. I would definitely use them again.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Great! Thanks, Enduring! I will order today.

• joannemb
    11 years ago

Did you find that the Laticrete caulk didn't quite match the silver shadow grout? I went to such great lengths to find it online, and then didn't feel like it was a really good match anyway... Anyone else feel the same?

• enduring
    11 years ago

Oh my, I hope it matches, I haven't got that far yet. I will be using it in my corners. It will be a few days before I pop one open. I will try to remember to post the results.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

I used Laticrete caulk matched to Laticrete Permacolor grout and the color matches perfectly. I ended up buying one tube from a granite yard rather than a tile store (my tile store was out and sent me there).