Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marys235_gw

Best grout for shower floor? Epoxy?

marys235
11 years ago

I really hate grout, and am re-doing my master bath with rectified porcelain tile so I can get the smallest possible grout line. My shower floor will be done in 2" x 2" files, and I read that with that size, you really need to have at least a 1/8" grout line. I don't think I need epoxy grout on the whole project, and I'm reading that it's quite a bit more expensive and really overkill for most residential projects, but I'm wondering if I should ask for it on the shower floor only. I really don't want stained, mildewed grout ever again, and with my tile color, I will have to have a light color grout.
If I use epoxy on the floor, but not on the walls of the shower or anywhere else, will the grout colors match? Is there anything better than standard cement grout but not as expensive or difficult to work with as epoxy, that will give me the same benefits as epoxy? Any information will be much appreciated. My tile person told me he uses standard cement grout, and would use sanded on the shower floor, but he would probably use epoxy if I insist. I got the impression it was not something he normally used.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio