Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grout size for white 3x6 subway tile

Posted by DebraV (dvessels@cableone.net) on
Mon, Feb 6, 12 at 13:47

I have just ordered unsanded grout for my 3x6 subway tile bath/shower surround. I am thinking I will space them 1/8". Now I am having second thoughts about the grout size, would 3/16" with sanded grout be better on white Interceramic tile and gray grout? Thanks for any advice in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grout size for white 3x6 subway tile

We liked the 1/16" look for ours. Our colors are practically the reverse of yours--grey tile & pearl grout. We have a combination of 3x6s (top 2/3 of the shower) and 10x13s (bottom 1/3) separated by 1x12 decorative glass listellos. To me, the grout lines always look a little larger when complete anyway, so I would go smaller rather than larger. Plus it's less space for anything yucky to grow! Just my $0.02

o
RE: Grout size for white 3x6 subway tile

Thank you mydreamhome. I am sure you are right about the smaller line, and using a different color grout may make it appear larger anyway.. Thanks for all of your advice, I see your answers all over the sight.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here